Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM   #3231
S1234 is offline S1234  Romania
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your answer!
In both pc I use ssd and internal media server, I used the same hdmi cable, the same hdmi input in lx75, the same songs, the same settings for daphiles rt, but the sound is different. I do not understand if daphile does not use audio from the board just encodes pcm, like the same if it sounds different.
I'm now trying to upgrade bios for brix, and I will buy a xfi creative for the test and I will come back with details.
However, I'm curious what pc configuration is required for daphiles to work ok.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #3232
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

X-fi soundcards are generally worse supported in linux. You may want to check support details of your selected card before buying.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #3233
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1234 View Post
Thank you for your answer!
In both pc I use ssd and internal media server, I used the same hdmi cable, the same hdmi input in lx75, the same songs, the same settings for daphiles rt, but the sound is different. I do not understand if daphile does not use audio from the board just encodes pcm, like the same if it sounds different.
I'm now trying to upgrade bios for brix, and I will buy a xfi creative for the test and I will come back with details.
However, I'm curious what pc configuration is required for daphiles to work ok.
I use the following:

Intel DN2800MT

Athlon 200GE on Gigabyte Aorus micro-ATX

Gigabyte J1800 SoC board.

My experience is that the Intel board is the least powerful of the lot, and produces the best sound because of a better implemented USB subsytem with proper power filtering. It shows little to no difference whether using a cheap laptop supply or a well-filtered linear supply.

The other two are DIY system components, and have terrible USB behaviour and need a lot tinkering to get a clean output. I resorted to Pico-PSU type power supplies, backed by 12v enclosed switching supplies followed by a bit of active filtering. This allowed me to get something decent from the other two, but I feel there's still some way to go specially for the most powerful of the three.

All are running the 18.07 RT kernel, the Intel is not capable of resampling, being a very weak Atom from almost a decade ago - and the 200GE can go up to DSD512 no problem, even though I prefer running at native rates.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!