Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2018, 05:44 PM   #3081
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrainer View Post
I have answered to both of you guys, but my replies don't show up?

This is because as a new member, your posts need to be read and approved by a moderator.
Old 31st August 2018, 05:46 PM   #3082
Nobrainer is offline Nobrainer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post

This is because as a new member, your posts need to be read and approved by a moderator.
Yeah, I've figured it out now Thanks!
Old 1st September 2018, 02:03 AM   #3083
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well, there are quite a few members on this same network and (please correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I understand, anyone can see the "Daphile" under network, click on it, browse around the Settings, see passwords etc?

I wonder, if someone else on the network, browse into a playlist and clicks on a song... that would change it on my end as well, correct? So anyone on the network can mess around like that?!
For starters, they would have to know the IP address of Daphile and know enough to type that address into the address bar of a web browser.
Old 1st September 2018, 06:05 AM   #3084
phofman is online now phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

All they need is to run some network scan. A simple phone app like Fing would do.
Old 1st September 2018, 09:06 AM   #3085
Nobrainer is offline Nobrainer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
For starters, they would have to know the IP address of Daphile and know enough to type that address into the address bar of a web browser.
If they are on a Mac, all they need to do is open Finder, then the Daphile folder shows up right there, in the left-hand menu, under "Shared".

Then they just need to click on the "DAPHILE" which is mounted, and they are in, all folders are presented and they are connected as a "Guest".

Next, let's say they click on the "Music" folder, there is a html URL that, once clicked, opens a Daphile URL in their default browser, and they are in Daphile interface.

So they do NOT need to know the address.

This however, does not work on Windows though, I assume it's because both, Linux and OS X, are both based on the Unix structure, Windows is not. I am just guessing this, so maybe someone else can correct me on this.

Personally, I do not like this and looking for a more private solution, as I am not the only one on this network and I can't just share it all like that.

EDIT: I DO like Daphile very much though, and I appreciate Kimmo's work, it's just this privacy thing that bothers me a little, that's all.

Last edited by Nobrainer; 1st September 2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 1st September 2018, 01:02 PM   #3086
FredG31 is offline FredG31
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Do you think Daphile (last x64 rt version) accepts a Weiss INT203 device?

I'm trying to use mine but Daphile thinks HW limit is 48KHz, and this unit can work from 24/16 to 24/192.

Am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks for your reply!

Fred from Toulouse (France)

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!