Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2018, 01:05 PM   #2971
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlam View Post
Oh I just learn listen music 3 yrs, I start step by step from how to place the speaker in good position and prevent vibration from all possibility. If you place your Cd Player on the top of different material you can hear they sound different.
Ah, OK, all I have done is waste time at university studying electrical engineering and acoustics, as well as music in another university, and then working with technology (including audio) for 30 years. hasn't thought me much, but at least enough to understand how powerful expectation and confirmation bias is, and to discard any sighted listening "tests" as evidence of anything.
Old 8th July 2018, 02:34 PM   #2972
adamlam is offline adamlam
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplefun View Post
Definitely upgrade to the latest beta release. The recent Linux upgrades have made significant improvements in the USB stability.

Index of /firmware/beta

See daphile faq for details on the beta update.
After few hrs testing, it still stop respond around 30min, I need to refresh the audio driver.
Old 8th July 2018, 02:43 PM   #2973
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Ah, OK, all I have done is waste time at university studying electrical engineering and acoustics, as well as music in another university, and then working with technology (including audio) for 30 years. hasn't thought me much, but at least enough to understand how powerful expectation and confirmation bias is, and to discard any sighted listening "tests" as evidence of anything.
I don't know what can I say, 2 years ago I bought 4 power cable, all of them sound different.
Old 8th July 2018, 03:13 PM   #2974
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't know what can I say, 2 years ago I bought 4 power cable, all of them sound different.
...in a sighted listening test, right? Isn't that proving my point?
Old 8th July 2018, 03:21 PM   #2975
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
...in a sighted listening test, right? Isn't that proving my point?
Bias, yes maybe you are right. Let me try another way to enjoy music
Old 8th July 2018, 03:24 PM   #2976
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Bias, yes maybe you are right. Let me try another way to enjoy music
Most of us can enjoy music even without placebos.
Old 8th July 2018, 04:09 PM   #2977
Dadbeh is offline Dadbeh  United States
diyAudio Member

I am building a Core -5-4690k pc just for daphile. it is some incestment so it better perform.
Old 8th July 2018, 05:17 PM   #2978
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
After few hrs testing, it still stop respond around 30min, I need to refresh the audio driver.
Use the info tab to check CPU load and temperature. There could be other things happening in your system. Does the library scan started by daphile on startup finish? What if you leave daphile running for 30 minutes and then start playing music? Have you looked at the daphile log files? Does your DAC get hot? Have you tried down sampling hd musiic to reduce the load on the DAC? How about playing the sane song for 30+ minutes from ram (this will place minimal load on daphile).

Last edited by Triplefun; 8th July 2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 9th July 2018, 12:47 AM   #2979
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplefun View Post
What if you leave daphile running for 30 minutes and then start playing music? Have you looked at the daphile log files? Does your DAC get hot? Have you tried down sampling hd musiic to reduce the load on the DAC? How about playing the sane song for 30+ minutes from ram (this will place minimal load on daphile).
Ok, let me try it. Thank you!
Old 9th July 2018, 06:07 AM   #2980
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbeh View Post
I am building a Core -5-4690k pc just for daphile. it is some incestment so it better perform.

You only need this horsepower if you intend doing dsd256 upsampling or higher. Otherwise a g4560 would be more than sufficient or an atom in a passive cooled mobo Also have you looked at the i5 8400. The 6 cores are well suited to upsampling, its cheaper and runs cooler. Also you should not over clock but you will need a z370 board.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!