Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2017, 03:07 PM   #2581
makoz is offline makoz
diyAudio Member

Last update about the suspend/shutdown problem on my Dell Z90D07.

As already written, with a fresh install on the internal drive of the last beta version using the "BIOS" option (not "UEFI"), shutdown works normally.

Kimmo, as last attempt, suggested me to activate KMS driver in Daphile general options, and voila!! resume is OK as well and it's much faster than shutdown/restart!!

Thanks everybody for your support, hope my experience could help someone else.
Old 18th December 2017, 03:14 PM   #2582
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplefun View Post
Paul pang.
Do you mean the USB card which is "upgraded" by inserting an "audiophile" transformer between the added clock and the USB controller chip? What does the limited bandwidth of the transformer do to precision/steepness of the clock edges?

That is the same guy who tried to advertise his hand-made sata cables here Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT .
Old 18th December 2017, 07:03 PM   #2583
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Looks like Paul pang is no longer producing modified USB cards - see https://www.highend-audiopc.com/shop/en/usb-cards. I bought a USB v2 2 years ago and noticed a nice improvement. Cards are still available from sotm and jcat. There are also a number of second hand options. Their main feature is the use of a high precision clock to further minimise jitter.
Old 18th December 2017, 07:44 PM   #2584
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

I can imagine what the long leads and the big ferrite transformer do to the 24MHz clock signal before it reaches the USB controller, compared to the original crystal with a few millimeters of traces. But whatever...

Last edited by phofman; 18th December 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 22nd December 2017, 03:38 PM   #2585
fitman is offline fitman
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplefun View Post
I would suggest you just get it running and then explore changes when you are ready. I would recommend a m.2 sSD for the daphile system drive as it reduces data cables and injection of noise.
Just finished my setup, I can do DSD512 using my i7-7700K without any issue. The overall CPU utilization is around 50%.
However, I have problem on connecting my PC -> USB -> Singxer SU-1 -> I2S -> Holo Spring, When I use DSD512, it cannot provide any sound, but, change to DSD256, then I can hear sound.
On the other hand, if I connect PC -> USB -> Holo Spring, I can play the DSD512 without problem. Any advice on it?
Old 22nd December 2017, 05:58 PM   #2586
diyAudio Member

Could be a problem with the singxer. Have you tried it with windows and foobar or hqplayer. Only real thing you can do with daphile is play with the audio devices mixer settings. Otherwise start a conversation with daphile using contact on the bottom of Daphile – Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles. it may need an updated driver?
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:04 PM   #2587
diyAudio Member

Do you have the latest singxer firmware? See Singxer SU-1 : BLACK -USB Digital to Digital Converter XMOS XU208 CCHD575 CPLD DSD256 DOP – FREE SHIPPING WITH COUPON CODE : SINGXER | Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA
Old 23rd December 2017, 02:03 AM   #2588
fitman is offline fitman
diyAudio Member

I should be on this firmware version
Just upgrade the new firmware, and re-connect all cables, now, I can use SU1 -> Holo Spring to play DSD512

Last edited by fitman; 23rd December 2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 23rd December 2017, 02:21 AM   #2589
fitman is offline fitman
diyAudio Member

Btw, anyone is using Adnaco S3B Adnaco-S3B: USB 3.0/2.0/1.x Over Fiber Optic Extension System on a Daphile environment?
Adnaco PCIe card can be supported for normal Linux system, but, not sure whether it can be worked on Daphile env.?
Old 23rd December 2017, 02:55 PM   #2590
diyAudio Member

Likewise has anyone found a way to get the Sabaj da3 to upsample native dsd512. I believe there is a driver available that works with windows but with daphile I only get dop dsd256.

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!