Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hello
I have Daphile on an Asus laptop with a 120gb ssd. DaphileBoot is on first ext4 partition, 1024mb.
The second partition is DaphileData 110gb and also ext4.
How can I use the second partion to store music files and appear as the music folder.
Help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44
I have a very similar setup. Here's my settings…
chrome_AFu7jPsPCM.png

I can't remember if I created the "DaphileData/Music" folder when I partitioned the drive or not. The sdb (1TB) is a HDD that's also installed on the laptop that I use for storing my DSF files - cause they're big and would fill the SSD pretty quick. I don't actually use the Music folder to store anything since the majority of my music is on my NAS, but if you open the folder ("\\your.daphile.ipaddress\music" if you're using Windows Explorer) you should be able to just drag and drop music onto it - at least that's how I put stuff on the HDD

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my Daphile with no success.
I've set it up for my wifi: SSID and password are correct.
The proof is that I can see it in router's list of connected devices.

But if I try to connect to the Daphile-pc's IP with any device, it says it cannot connect.

If I connect my laptop to the Daphile-pc through a ethernet cable, I can connect through the laptop to the Daphile-pc at the wifi address I've set.
Other devices cannot connect to it.

It seems like the router permits to "browse" only its own address and not others.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards

Roberto

I have a similar issue. I found that the very best version for Daphile connecting to my network drive with cifs is 19.01. After that release something happened to make it much more unreliable so I'm stuck on 19.01. I did reach out to the Dev team but no luck.

It's strange that it occurs occasionally. If the mount was issued before the network comes up it would always not work. BTW, I have a wired connection which I find to be much more reliable.
Yesterday I tested several versions and configurations.
I found that having more than one folder connected as CIFS gives me troubles, no matter if Daphile is connected wireless or with cable.
Connecting one folder as NFS and one as CIFS works flawlessly.
Is it also your case to have more than one folder as CIFS?

I only have 1 CIFS folder.

I now believe the issues I was seeing were more to do with my router than Daphile. I swapped out an old Netgear for a new Asus and now it always mounts on startup. I'm no router expert but maybe the Netgear was not responding in time but the Asus does. Don't know what the timeouts are set to in Daphile so that could be incorrect.

Anyone know if the announced shutdown of LMS Servers will affect us Daphile users? This is the announcement from a couple days ago: https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...uesmartradio-com-and-mysqueezebox-com-servers

I don’t fully understand it as well as many of you.

I’m guessing that the Daphile I have running will still work to play files I have on a USB stick, but I will no longer be able to stream Tidal. Is that right?

Hello,

Can't manage to rename the audio players.

Next to an usb-dac I've connected some Google Nest's and a Sonos to Daphile (plugins).

The Daphile audio player's showed the names of the devices like they were configured locally at the device (like 'Google Kitchen' etc.)

At some point I think I've asked Daphile to reset all settings. After that moment all the player's are named like 'CastBridge2' 'CastBridge3' etc.

I tried to rename the players in the 'Settings - Advanced Media Server Settings' Player-tab. The renamed player shows up in audio player menu, but the change doesn't seem to be saved. After restart the renames are gone. Even if this worked, I want Daphile to use the names configured locally at the devices, as it was presented in the first place.

The 'Chromecast Bridge' plugin shows the two names of each device ('CastBridge2' and 'GoogleKitchen').

Using the option to view the configuration file shows a XML-file with for devices the 'name' ('CastBridge2') and a 'friendly_name' ('GoogleKitchen').

I used the 'erase' and 'generate' option for the configuration file, but the audio players keeps showing the 'name', and not the 'friendly_name' like it apparently did in the first place. As recommended, I stopped the bridge before changing parameters.

How to get Daphile to use the 'friendly_name' again?

Thanks in advance.

To rename the audio players, click on "Settings", and then "Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the page. In the "Player" tab, use the pulldown menu to select the player you want to rename. Type the updated name in the "Player Name" field, and then click "Apply".
I tried to rename the players in the 'Settings - Advanced Media Server Settings' Player-tab. The renamed player shows up in audio player menu, but the change doesn't seem to be saved. After restart the renames are gone. Even if this worked, I want Daphile to use the names configured locally at the devices, as it was presented in the first place.
That was the first thing to try, but that didn't work out. Will try it again, maybe didn't apply & save in the correct way.

On second thoughts, guess the XML configuration file only comes in place when installing the chromecast bridge. When not using this bridge, it's off course still possible to rename a player. Could be there are more config files involved?

When there's no ssh available, next will be to try to get access with the help of a rescuesystem.

That was the first thing to try, but that didn't work out. Will try it again, maybe didn't apply & save in the correct way.

On second thoughts, guess the XML configuration file only comes in place when installing the chromecast bridge. When not using this bridge, it's off course still possible to rename a player. Could be there are more config files involved?

When there's no ssh available, next will be to try to get access with the help of a rescuesystem.
ssh via the development release
from the FAQ on the site

Q13. Can I access Daphile with ssh?
A13. Only the beta versions have ssh server and root password enabled.
Root password is "zaq" without quotes. Beta versions are
available here: http://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta/

ssh via the development release
from the FAQ on the site

Q13. Can I access Daphile with ssh?
A13. Only the beta versions have ssh server and root password enabled.
Root password is "zaq" without quotes. Beta versions are
available here: http://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta/
Thanks, installed the beta and can access Daphile with SSH now.

By making a fresh install of Daphile and the plugins, the names of the devices are the way I want them again, so there's no need to do the editing.

Just out of curiosity I tried to change the name of a player within Daphile, and there doesn't seem to be a problem. So, don't know if it's the beta doing a better job, or I did something wrong with applying/restarting (I expect the latter). The xml-file showed the changed name (although I expected the changed name to be in the friendly-name field, it was in the name filed).

Yea. That is what i am doing. I have tried every combination possible. It will not let me use the EMMC to install. It shows up in storage as unformatted but NOT in the drop down box for install.

I did notice that in Daphile's setup clear drive options that there are two 1.4mb drives underneath it. Maybe those are partitions of the EMMC? They do not show up anywhere else, and Daphile is unable to clear them.

Tried to install Daphile on a Dell Wyse 3040, thought it would give no difficulties, but after some tries, started googling to find out that there could be some troubles ....

Wiped the emmc with gparted, wiped the emmc with the Dell BIOS management option, made Daphile-partitions with gparted, suspected there was something with the booting (because of the two 1.4mb drives, one with the linux and one with the windows boot), couldn't run Debian 12 because of a boot problem, was about to dd the an image of Daphile to the EMMC, etc. etc. It took me 'some' hours.

Looking at the dropdown-menu for the target drive to install Daphile to for the x-iest time, I noticed there was an empty option in the menu. Selecting this one, the install windows opened, but didn't show any messages. But now the drive showed up in storage with the Daphile-partitions. Checking via ssh and gparted it looked like the emmc did hold Daphile. After rebooting, Daphile runs from the emmc, surprisingly.

So it just looks like Daphile can't present the identifier of the emmc in the dropdown-menu, although it can present it at the storage-options. And as a consequence, can't show the install messages?

Whatever, for those with a 3040, and didn't get Daphile installed, maybe this will help you.