Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Yoy could try the "material skin" plugin, dont recall if it solves your problen but it's a very nice web interface, find it more usefull than the standard one so maybe it helps
Thanks if that was a reply to my question. I was thinking of an app like Squeezer etc, but if it provides what I need with a Web interface, that's certainly helpful. I'll try it.
Mark

I have a question that is not specific to Daphile - forgive me if it is unwelcome. I have been using Daphile almost from the beginning, very happily. I use squeezer to control it, but like as far as I know all the remote apps, the navigation within a track is just a linear slider limited by the screen size. This is fine for a four minute song, but if the "song" is a four hour opera, it is hopeless to skip back or forwards a minute or so or even ten minutes or so. Is there any app or any other way of controlling it that behaves more like e.g. the BBC iPlayer/Sounds interface, allowing much more controlled navigation?
Thanks.

I use Squeeze Ctrl for my setup. Although it doesn't have a dedicated +/- button (I actually had to search and see what you were referring to re. iPlayer/Sounds. I hope this is what you're think about), you can go into the preferences and select what action the next/previous track button does. The default is skip track, but you can set it to jump between 5-30 seconds. Long press will always skip tracks.
Alternatively, you can use the linear slider, like squeezer, but if you rotate the phone you at least get a bigger screen.
There isn't a free or trial version, but I think it's worth the price.

I have a PC running Daphile which sends a digital stream to a DAC (DIY). I want to equip the DAC with an LCD display on which I will display information about the song being played. From the USB / I2S converter I read and display:
type of stream sent from Daphile whether DSD or PCM and its sampling frequency.
From Daphile I would like to get other information such as codec, title, author, input material sampling frequency, etc.
Ultimately, I will want to write an application for ESP32, but to avoid problems related to the new platform, I started testing communication with Logitech Media Server (on which it is part of Daphile) using the application in c # (Visual Studio).
I am able to automatically detect the LMS server in the network, send HELO, META, BODY commands and receive answers, but at this stage I stopped and I can't get information from the received answers. I can't find a description of the answer structure.
Or is there a simpler way? All I need is the data that is displayed in a web browser (with a standard appearance) in the upper part of the right window of the player.
Any suggestions?

Hi all, I used Daphile over a year and love its SQ performance.
Recently I brought a Intel NUC 10th and try to install Daphile on it. But the installation hanged on the "Waiting network connection".
I tried version 19.12 and the newest beta, still got the same result.

Does it mean the Daphile doesn't have the network driver of NUC 10th? Can I install the driver manually?

Adittional Brows modes help please

Hi,
I have been using Daphile for a while now and love it.

One thing I am struggling with though.
I am trying to set up abrows mose where I can brows by all track artists.
I have an addittional brows mode set up as follows:
Name: Artists
Apply to: All Music Libraray
Brows by: Artists
Contributor Roles: ARTIST

This does give me track artists but it only shows tracks in compilation albums and not albums where the track ARTIST is also the ALBUMARTIST.

I'd like to find all tracks by a given ARTIST. Am I missing someting obvious here?
:confused:

What are the best settings to upsample files to DSD256?
Hi Felipe,

What's the purpose of upsampling to DSD, and what's the source format - PCM? Do you believe this will enhance sound quality?

My current problem re. DSD @ daphile is the contrary: my Rotel PreAmp is not capable of processing DSD, so I would like daphile to convert the DSD files I have to PCM before sending the signal to its USB output.

Could not get this running so far. Any ideas?

Regards,

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Felipe,

What's the purpose of upsampling to DSD, and what's the source format - PCM? Do you believe this will enhance sound quality?

My current problem re. DSD @ daphile is the contrary: my Rotel PreAmp is not capable of processing DSD, so I would like daphile to convert the DSD files I have to PCM before sending the signal to its USB output.

Could not get this running so far. Any ideas?

Regards,

I like DSD natives first if not possible upsampled the high as possible (it depends your computer processor) over PCM.

You only need an USB to I2S convert (I use Amanero) and a low pass filter.

low pass filter for DSD

Last edited:
Daphile Linux.
Just a few days ago I tried for the first time to make my Daphile server convert DSD files on the fly to PCM which my PreAmp can process. No success so far. None of both methods offered appear to work for me.

F2K Windows.
I can only guess this means foobar2000? Yes, with an alternate resampler component it seems to work. Haven't tried batch processing yet.

Please post pic of your Daphile settings
Here you are! These should show the relevant settings.

Switching DSD support from Convert DSD to PCM to DSD over PCM does not change anything: when a DSD file is chosen for playback, only a light crackling noise appears.

Attachments

• Rotel_Settings_1.JPG
    Rotel_Settings_1.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 279
  • Rotel_Settings_2.JPG
    Rotel_Settings_2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Rotel_Settings_3.JPG
    Rotel_Settings_3.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Rotel_Settings_4.JPG
    Rotel_Settings_4.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 284
Ahh, just found some more info: Daphile seems to send the audio data to USB via Squeezelite. And here the following is stated:

Squeezelite supports gapless playback, a wide range of sample rates (44.1 kHz / 48 kHz / 88.2 kHz / 96 kHz / 176.4 kHz / 192 kHz / 352.8 kHz / 384 kHz) and direct streaming for Logitech Media Server plugins that require it such as Spotify.

No DSD mentioned here. Does this cause the problem, or should DSD2PCM conversion be done before the signal is pushed to Squeezelite?

Attachments

• Rotel_Settings_5.JPG
    Rotel_Settings_5.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited: