Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

I did not check all the messages in this thread but happy tp let you know that Daphile works perfectly well the Xtreamer Winbox quad Intel Atom CPU, 4 GB RAM micro PC. It runs from a USB stick. Sounds good with my RME ADI 2 Pro and iFi micro and nano iDSD. Metal case AC wifi, 100 Mbit/s Ethernet, Win 10 Home 64 bit on an MMC card all for 149 Euro.

I tried RPi2 with Volumio, USB DAC fully powered with separate PSU and galvanic isolation from computer, USB HDD with external PSU.. so, everything without the requirement for power supply from the RPi..
16/44.1 files runs smoothly, but Hi Res and DSD files always had clicks and pops..
Decade old Fujitsu Siemens fanless client with Daphile works perfectly..

I did not check all the messages in this thread but happy tp let you know that Daphile works perfectly well the Xtreamer Winbox quad Intel Atom CPU, 4 GB RAM micro PC. It runs from a USB stick. Sounds good with my RME ADI 2 Pro and iFi micro and nano iDSD. Metal case AC wifi, 100 Mbit/s Ethernet, Win 10 Home 64 bit on an MMC card all for 149 Euro.

Please confirm the CPU load if up sample to dsd256 using the ifi micro. Make sure you load the latest beta for optimum DSD processing.

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with Daphile.
I have 4 DACs connected to it (multiroom/multiamp).
ES9018 thru XMOS (x1) no problem
ES9023 thru SA9027 (x3) problems

Daphile doesn't like seing doubles/triples much...
Luckily, one of the SA9027 came with a different name (X-DA2), the two others are named « Bravo X USB Audio » and I had them rebooting in a loop, one, then the other uncontrollably. It could stop If I started playing on one of them.
I could not synchronise them either.
It would not accept renaming one of them either.
Then I added a convolution filter on one of them, and after the "save&reboot", the other one just disappeared and I can't get it to show up anymore.

I thought maybe i'd have to desolder the USB IC, and set another name but I don't know how to "program it".
So maybe this bug/issue could be fixed in Daphile directly ?

The ES9023 boards are exactly this model SA9027+ES9023 24BIT / 96KHZ asynchronous USB DAC / HIFI Sound Card Decoder board | eBay

Thanks for your help !

By the way, is there any way to install Hqplayer's NAA along with Daphile? As an optional way of playing. I understood the difference between the two solutions, but would be nice to have this option too.

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with Daphile.
I have 4 DACs connected to it (multiroom/multiamp).
ES9018 thru XMOS (x1) no problem
ES9023 thru SA9027 (x3) problems

Daphile doesn't like seing doubles/triples much...
Luckily, one of the SA9027 came with a different name (X-DA2), the two others are named « Bravo X USB Audio » and I had them rebooting in a loop, one, then the other uncontrollably. It could stop If I started playing on one of them.
I could not synchronise them either.
It would not accept renaming one of them either.
Then I added a convolution filter on one of them, and after the "save&reboot", the other one just disappeared and I can't get it to show up anymore.

I thought maybe i'd have to desolder the USB IC, and set another name but I don't know how to "program it".
So maybe this bug/issue could be fixed in Daphile directly ?

The ES9023 boards are exactly this model SA9027+ES9023 24BIT / 96KHZ asynchronous USB DAC / HIFI Sound Card Decoder board | eBay

Thanks for your help !

Make sure you are using the latest beta which has improved USB support.

foxconn nt-535 OPTICAL MOD TO COAX

tested to direct output to coax on atom based nano pc
WP_20170223_13_08_24_Pro.jpg

By the way, is there any way to install Hqplayer's NAA along with Daphile? As an optional way of playing. I understood the difference between the two solutions, but would be nice to have this option too.
Nope. See Daphile as a container. It is a readonly environment (besides some configuration files). If you want two audio solutions in parallel then you need to build your own solution and use the original Logitech Media Server (LMS).

hello

if you install daphile beta firmware it has ssh enabled
so you probably can install what you want....

Root password is "zaq" without quotes. Beta versions are
available here: Index of /firmware/beta
You can try to update whatever you want, but after a reboot all changes are gone. Daphile is built with SquashFS, a sort of zip-file. When you boot your system this SquashFS is loaded as linux-filesystem and acts as a normal linux environment. When you shutdown the system is not saved, but discarded. After the next startup everything is back to the original version.
Advantage is you can't mess up the system. Disadvantage is you can't change the system. All changes and additions need to be made by Kipeta.
If you have enough knowledge you should be able to rebuild the SquashFS and add whatever you want to add, but then you need to maintain the system yourself. The beauty of Daphile is that it just works as is and you don't have to worry about maintaining it. At least as long as Kipeta keeps on developing new versions.

Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wireless connection not detected

I'm trying to set up Daphile on a MINIX neo Z83-4 mini pc. I can boot and run Daphile Live with an ethernet cable connected but the networking setting shows no compatible wireless device. The MINIX lists "802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5.0GHz), BT 4.2" as it's wireless connectivity. Am I missing something during installation or is this wireless not supported? I'm intalling with daphile-16.07-x86_64.iso. Any suggestions wil be appreciated.

George

You can try to update whatever you want, but after a reboot all changes are gone. Daphile is built with SquashFS, a sort of zip-file. When you boot your system this SquashFS is loaded as linux-filesystem and acts as a normal linux environment. When you shutdown the system is not saved, but discarded. After the next startup everything is back to the original version.
Advantage is you can't mess up the system. Disadvantage is you can't change the system. All changes and additions need to be made by Kipeta.
If you have enough knowledge you should be able to rebuild the SquashFS and add whatever you want to add, but then you need to maintain the system yourself. The beauty of Daphile is that it just works as is and you don't have to worry about maintaining it. At least as long as Kipeta keeps on developing new versions.

As markolino72 said...the beta versions have ssh enabled and changes can be made...
example...(old link but illustrates the ability to mod and have them stick)

https://translate.google.com/transl...lmsuniverse.wordpress.com/migliorare-daphile/

From here...
https://translate.google.co.nz/tran...ttps://lmsuniverse.wordpress.com/&prev=search

Last edited: