Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

You make more money when people buy into a belief system of "everything matters" and think that there are differences even when there are none.

Well here's some evidence from Exasound.

Attachments

• Noise floor without Galvanic isolation.PNG
    Noise floor without Galvanic isolation.PNG
    182.7 KB · Views: 456
  • Noise floor with galvanic isolation.PNG
    Noise floor with galvanic isolation.PNG
    153.9 KB · Views: 461
Hi, I'm new to Daphile. I've installed it on a small Intel Atom fanless PC
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32580905881.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.aUXPaP

Using it with SMSL M8.

Works beautifully apart from a couple of small things. Hope someone can put me on the right track...

1. The little PC has an SD card slot but if I put a card (formatted NTFS) in it isn't recognised???

2. Can only use DSD over PCM. In "Native" mode I can hear faint music and a lot of static. Have played around with the settings but nothing works.

3. Can't get any version of Shairtunes to work. Sometimes I can see it queued up and playing on Daphile but no sound is heard. Has anyone got Shairtunes working on Daphile? Is there something else that needs to be installed (WaveIn??)?

Thanks guys :)

Well, if anyone else has any suggestions, that would be great :)

oh and...

4. Is it possible to password the shared drives? I have flagged my external drive as R/W so I can copy new stuff over. However, I would prefer that others are prevented from going and deleting it.

4. Is it possible to password the shared drives? I have flagged my external drive as R/W so I can copy new stuff over. However, I would prefer that others are prevented from going and deleting it.
That will depend on the shared drive. Any password on a shared drive is set up on the drive, prior to it being shared. The password is then needed to access the drive. Daphile does not manage or administer passwords; it only uses a password to access a password protected drive.

USB drives can not be password protected (normally). Folders can be password protected.

That will depend on the shared drive. Any password on a shared drive is set up on the drive, prior to it being shared. The password is then needed to access the drive. Daphile does not manage or administer passwords; it only uses a password to access a password protected drive.

USB drives can not be password protected (normally). Folders can be password protected.

Thank you!

Problem, Daphile as a client

Hi everyone,
I have a really strange problem, I've installed LMS on my client and I want to use Daphile as a client pc with a fanless computer.
I set up everything with the correct server address and, as you can see, the LMS icon appears next to the ip addres but when I restart the computer to save the settings I have the error message that you can see on the img.
P.s. I've tried to use a Raspberry pi with squeezelite as client and it works with no problems.
Can anyone help me?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Daphile isn't squeezeplay, squeezelite or ipeng, it is based on LMS. Email Kimmo, the developer.

Well, daphile is LMS + squeezelite. With LMS as server and squeezelite ad client, that's why you can install Daphile in Two Computers and use One as a Server (so only LMS and proprietary code to upsample works) and One as a Client (and only squeezelite, the Player, works).
I think you didn't understand very well how does Daphile works

Hardware or software problem....

I have used Daphile since its release and have been using the Foxconn Nano PC AT-5570 successfully. I built 3 of them for myself and family and they were using spdif output into a receiver. For the past couple years I have been using USB out into a DAC but needed to switch over to optical spdif for a while and guess what, optical no longer worked. I had to revert back to version 15.08 and optical then worked fine.
I purchased a Zotac Zbox CI323 mini PC a few weeks ago and it works fine with optical and usb outputs using the latest version of Daphile..
I dont understand why a version of Daphile newer than 15.08 would not allow spdif to operate on the Foxconn boxes. No matter what I tried I could not get the optical to even light up on a newer version of Daphile. Any ideas.... Dave

Last edited:
Hardware or software problem....

I have used Daphile since its release and have been using the Foxconn Nano PC AT-5570 successfully. I built 3 of them for myself and family and they were using spdif output into a receiver. For the past couple years I have been using USB out into a DAC but needed to switch over to optical spdif for a while and guess what, optical no longer worked. I had to revert back to version 15.08 and optical then worked fine.
I purchased a Zotac Zbox CI323 mini PC a few weeks ago and it works fine with optical and usb outputs using the latest version of Daphile..
I dont understand why a version of Daphile newer than 15.08 would not allow spdif to operate on the Foxconn boxes. No matter what I tried I could not get the optical to even light up on a newer version of Daphile. Any ideas.... Dave

Check the SPDIF output sampling rate of Daphile matches that of your receiver.