USB cable quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the playback soundcard is just plugged-in and all settings left at default, then the setup will be identical. Replacing the cable means the USB soundcard will be removed from the system and again configured to default when attached with the other cable. Any previous setup changes would be lost. Do we know the card setup was left at default?

It would be true if the USB port have been changed, using the same port settings are retained and no setup happens.

Really, are you sure? That is how usb soundcards behave in windows? I do not know, it certainly is not the case in linux. If a soundcard is detached, it is removed from the system. Just like in windows. And unless you stored its configuration specifically, which is not automatic, upon next attach it is configured to its default settings. The actual port plays no role at all. In linux cards are identified by its name, not port.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
No.

It is easy to show that certain measurements are different for boys and girls, especially after puberty! This doesn't tell you much about career choice, but it does dismiss any claim that they are essentially the same. If minor differences in body chemistry can create significant differences in body shape then it is quite possible that these also create differences in preferences. Anyone who has known any boys and girls (or men and women) will know that this is the case. It is merely silly for people to assume the opposite and require sensible people to do the same.

Might be OT, might be not, but I must reply. Mostly out of respect to what I've read on hundreds and thousands of your posts in which you were so truthful to science.

Please, show any scientific evidence that proves biological states of being male or female as determinants of choice, preferences, thinking, acting. The claim that seeing body differences we should assume difference in preference is grounded in beliefs. This form of thinking was refuted by numerous gender studies. Yes, it's humanities but it's still science. Gender is a social construct and trying to prove otherwise always ends in sexism and claims like "women are worse in mechanical or engineering in general".

Sorry, if this is too OT. I've seen so many sexist "innocent" remarks here and kept myself silent not to disrupt the topic. Not this time.

Siberia said:
Gender is a social construct
Complete bunkum. Gender is defined by every cell in the body. Small children usually exhibit gender preferences from a very early age. The exceptions are noticeable precisely because they are exceptions (e.g. a girl who wants a train set will often end up as an engineer or physicist). I have worked with female engineers and they were every bit as good as the men, but they remained women and thought and acted like women - even the one who was a convinced feminist!

What is wrong with sexism? i.e. regarding men and women as being different? It may be considered taboo by modern trendy liberals but ordinary people regard it as normal common sense.

Gender studies is not science. They decide the answer then look for supporting evidence. The bile heaped on those who disagree shows that they are not seeking truth but pushing a political/philosophical agenda.

To say any more would take me seriously OT so I will stop there.

Anyone read that article?

Marlene's Musings: Vodoo continued: my final Statement on USB cables

It's the last one from a series with final conclusion.

He eared differences, he tried to measure, he found differences in measurements but later discovered that his measurements where faulty.

After fixing his mesurements he found no differences at measurements but still recognize differences with ABX via Foobar (!)

Interesting... it seem we need better measurements, after all. ;)

No.

Really, are you sure? That is how usb soundcards behave in windows?

Absolutely, not only soundcards, in fact you can see under Device Manager all branched USB devices if you select 'Show hidden Devices' in the View menu.

Hi Marce,

Can you elaborate a bit? ;)

BTW

Just in case you didn't read the credits for my My_Ref variation, thanks again for your invaluable help with the PCB design. :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Gender is defined by every cell in the body.

Any evidence?

Choosing a car over a doll in early stages of development is linked to hormones. Although, it has no career or other social consequences if children are not tought at later stages to conform to gender stereotypes. Which only proves a gender being a social contruct.

There is no scientific evidence that boys prefer blue and girls prefer pink etc

Sexism wrongly imposes superiority.
Calling other people trendy and your camp normal is not an argument.
Finding an answer and being able to prove it still makes it science regardless the intentions. If your belief "gender is defined by every cell in the body" would be scientificaly proven, should it be call less of the fact and rather a political agenda?

I'm stopping this OT here too.

Don't worry, I'm afraid I regard your point as invalid since it is clearly based on no technical evidence (usb traces, driver/system logs etc)

I will go further and say that any testing is much more valuable when conducted on exactly the same port.

Last edited:
Absolutely, not only soundcards, in fact you can see under Device Manager all branched USB devices if you select 'Show hidden Devices' in the View menu.

I did not find my unplugged regular usb audio v.1 soundcard listen in the hidden devices but the driver does remember individual setup per port when the device is unplugged. Thanks.

Still, we do not know specific conditions of the test. When testing cables, I would prefer changing the only variable - the actual cables, not some recorded files.

I did not find my unplugged regular usb audio v.1 soundcard listen in the hidden devices but the driver does remember individual setup per port when the device is unplugged. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Still, we do not know specific conditions of the test.

Hopefully Marlene will share his test setup.

When testing cables, I would prefer changing the only variable - the actual cables, not some recorded files.

In practice the recorded file is the raw data of the measurement he made.

It can usefull in many ways, as an ABX source for Foobar like he did or for Audiodiff Maker, for instance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.