Advice on first Audio Streamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry appreciate that this may well have been asked before but I am very new to Computer Audio and find there is no one that can help on a very basic (and cheap) level.

I have what I use as my main system a decent CD Transport (Theta Data Basic II) and a reasonable Upsampler and Dac (Perpetual Technologies P-1a and P-3a Modwright Signature II) . I would like to add an audio streamer that will let me play the 24bit / 96khz downloads I have .

However I am on a very tight budget and while the obvious is the Squeezebox Touch this does have lots of things lik dac etc that I do not need . Is there anything I could use that would just stream the data to the dac ?use I could then a really cheap Android Tablet to log in to my system and send the media using a software player such as iRiver etc . Does this make sense can you do this using an ethernet connection ?

Any advice on what does and does not sound good would be helpful . Even if it is just to say that you have to buy something more expensive to get any decent quality I can accept that and just put this on the back burner untill I get some money together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.