Looping a song

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to loop a song so that it plays over again continuiously. Either on to a CD or run straight from computer. A friend has Audacity, will that do it and is it easy to use.
I want to run relaxing music through headphones and be able to talk over it through a mic. How do I do the second part.
Thanks for any help.

There are several alternatives to accomplish the 1st request, so this isn't a complete rundown. Audacity should do it. I'm certain of Goldwave because that's what I use. What you want to do is open the file and remove any silence that may be at the beginning and end of the track. Once that is done, you can burn the track multiple times to fill up the CD, using disc-at-once burning (no 2 second gaps). Or load it into your computer audio player with gapless output. That should work.
The meaning of your 2nd request is more ambiguous. With relaxing music, you should be able to hear yourself talking into the mic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.