Music Main board for diyer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
This board design for output i2s and spdif only. Seprating DA module may get better analogue. I change the layout to ver1.1 adding one pic-e and pic for testing. It is still testing. If it is good and stable I will sale it for sure, but not too much 1 manufacrtue batch 0.5k pices.

Regards,

Eric

Hi
I am interested to know more about the board.
You can hook up a spdif/ i2s enabled dac to the board to get analogue out to an amp ?
Are there being tested now ?
ARe you offering a group buy or for for sale ?

cheers

kp93300

Hi,
This board design for output i2s and spdif only. Seprating DA module may get better analogue. I change the layout to ver1.1 adding one pic-e and pic for testing. It is still testing. If it is good and stable I will sale it for sure, but not too much 1 manufacrtue batch 0.5k pices.

Regards,

Eric
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is there the possibility to have a "clean" usb output in order to avoid galvanic isolators or stuff like this when using a usb dac?
Hi,

It is not esay get "clean USB", Cause noise leak by GND awlays, and it is almost impossible for me to isolate power supply and GND of south_bridge from other chip . But I have idependent power supply and GND for IS2 and SPDIF chip on this board.

This board may use USB DAC if OS can drive it.

regards,

Eric

Am interested in this one. Is the project still on ? What are the specs ? What CPU have you settled on ?

Hope it will have the best specs to support 32bit, 384khz and also DSD.

I suggest you leave out video on the board, or design it so that it can be entirely switched off using jumpers or switches, so that when setting up is done, it can be switched off

PCIe and PCI is good since it allows some flexibility experiment.

Socketed CPU will allow upgrade to higher speeds, if user decide to experiment on room correction etc. See link below for a very highly regarded Room and Speaker correction software
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/c...-loudspeaker-correction-software-walkthrough/

Last edited:
New Breed of ultra low noise regulators

Excluding SW regulator is what I want to do ,too. For chip stage power supply, There are more than 10 rails need be regulated by PMIC on broad and need manage on/off sequence. There are few SW regulator inside PMIC for control purpose what liean regulator can not do. It is possible using more than 10 linear regulators replace the one power managment IC but that may cause stable problem, so I give up doing that finally. I think the power supply structure of this broard is the fewest in using SW regulator. And the source of sw regulator is leaner power.

See links below for a comparison of ultra low noise regulators

New Breed of Ultra Low Noise Regulators | H i F i D U I N O

castleeric,

Why don't you join resources with the guys below. kyrill and CAD can probably help with development

Dedicated Audiophile Motherboard development | Computer Audio | Forum | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

Why not go the whole hog? | Computer Audio | Forum | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

If the design is not set in stone yet, let us discuss it and put our minds together and re-specs so that it can cover a multitude of applications and flexibility. Let's put our heads together to specs the ultimate audio motherboard.

castleeric,
Marce seems to be the expert here on pcb routing, see below

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...i2s-digital-signal-path-line-resistors-6.html
No problem, I layout PCBs every day of the week and have done for over 25 years now, and do a lot of high speed, SMPS and hi reliability PCB layouts. I have always got this info to hand, not only for use at work, but for a PCB forum where we get asked the same questions repeatably.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.