Squeezebox Touch -- Modifications

I don't have the instructions saved but hopefully the updated version will appear soon.
I'm posting to inquire whether any headway has been made on shutting down the screen w/ a SW mod. I have the screensaver while playing set to "screen off" but have read that this only kills the backlight. In the SB3 it was possible to actually shut the screen off (no power) w/ a noticeable gain in sound quality. My two Squeezebox Touch are running on wired ethernet and the scripts to prevent the wlan card and other unnecessary services as well as the digital output are in place. The poor capacitors on the analog outputs have been bypassed, a linear, regulated power supply from my earlier SB3's have been substituted and the sound quality is quite good. Eliminating electrical noise from the screen would be the icing on the cake.

Man, I cannot wait when the new version of scripts arrive.
I've lost the old one but they really work. Can somebody post them on the board? The only thing I've managed to do on my own is turning off the wifi module, I'm not a linux guru :-(
Soundcheck, when will the new version be available? Do you need help? Just ask - I'm sure you'll be able to find it here.

I am trying to do this, but I am wondering if I am using the wrong version of squeezebox server. The instructions say to simply go through the advanced menu and enable ssh. There is no such option anywhere in version 7.5.1. I have tried changing port #s, allowed ips or whatever I have control over.

Do I have to use an older version of squeeze server?

I don't have the buffer mod and haven't unhooked my display, but the difference so far isn't subtle. I guess I have made a lot of changes to my system over the years, but have had a squeezebox as the digital source. An SB3 and now a touch. It really shows this was my weakest link.

One of the members was nice enough to forward a saved copy of the site, links and all. It was before the buffer mod. If anyone has a buffer mod file and could tell me which directory to install that would be great.

It seems that there were a number of mods added to the site at a later date, i.e. the buffer mod, so I am not familiar w/ that one.
The discussions on this site do not explain how these are accomplished either.
Any disabling of the screen would also lock you out of the ability to turn on remote login to the secure shell interface. This strikes me as a step backwards.

I was wondering if many people were running their SBT with the flac disabled, so that pcm is fed trough the lan. I am finding that it works quite well for me for redbook flac, but not so well for 24/96. I notice that 24/96 is converted to 1411kbps PCM, which is the same as redbook. The sound is definitely degraded. I am wondering what to do. I am buying high res stuff from HDTracks. Can I convert this into high res wave files so that it is dealt with differently. If anyone is doing this, could they please let me know works well for them.

I run all my flac audio to the SBT in pcm, but there is a twist in that I use brutefirdrc room correction in between. Nevertheless it's puzzling that your pcm would be downsampled.

The converter instruction for flac to pcm conversion is:

flc pcm * *
# FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
[flac] -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=little --sign=signed $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$

Flac is decoding to raw, and there's no downsampling. How did you verify that the pcm is converted to 44.1kHz?

I first tested pcm playback without brutefir, and it seemed to me that the sound was clearer and more flowing for 44.1 and HDTracks hires material.