Help: Difference in sound from o/p ports of Xonar DX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My Setup
I am playing music via latest foobar and have routed the audio to all ports by using the DIRECT option. Please see the attached image. I have also disabled all the effects on the Xonar driver (with the help of the Xonar GUI). The xonar sound card is configured as 7.1 and foobar was configured with 6 channels (even tried 8 channels). The Xonar drivers are latest too.

Problem
I get difference in sound when I use front ports of Xonar DX vs other ports (eg Surround).
The bass on the front ports is fuller while the other ports are lacking the bass. The character of sound is quite different.

Expectation
I expect the same sound to come on all ports but I dont :(
Can someone help me figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Goldy

Attachments

• screen2.JPG
    screen2.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 101
Thanks wwenze for the quick reply.
Initially I too thought so.
But I did some trials with foobar/crossover plugin where I sent highs above 3500hz to all the ports, I realised the highs were clean on the front ports but they were too bad on the rest of the ports. This is when I decided to seek help from the forum. The difference is too much to be attributed to the DACs.

If it was just the difference in DAC, I am sure I would not have noticed. I can hardly tell the difference betwen good MP3 and the corresponding WAV.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.