Spectrum Analyzer software recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All:

I would like to run spectrum analysis of a bunch of music with continous averaging. In other words, it MUST average at least an hour of music at a time, and it MUST show both RMS and peak levels in each band.

Ideally, I want to play from iTunes, but could be from an external input if need be.

Also ideally, I want to do this in OS X, but could be Windows too (less convenient as my music in on an iMac).

Any recommendations?

Looks like SpectraPlus or SpectraLab can do this. Averaging is selectable and it has peak hold on a continuous input signal. Spectraplus Version5 is free for 30 days I think.
I don't use it but I think this was how it works. Check it on Google. Older versions used to be available on the Net.

I'm currently using the "audio Tester V3.0". I so far found it useful for my hobbie purposes. Not sure about the other two ashok recommended, this program was recommended to me over the other two mentioned though. But i too am still wondering if there is something better than what i'm using for the price.

Maybe be more expensive for the 'paid' version but try ARTA. You can use it in free mode with some restriction.
ARTA Download

Their blurb : " ...ARTA Software is classified as "shareware". To use it you have to pay for the user license key. If you have no license key, you can freely use this software only in a demo mode. The demo mode of programs is fully functional except loading and saving of files...."

That should mean you can measure ! Can't reload what you measured earlier.

yes i'm currently using the "shareware" version of the audioTester V3.0. It seems to be of a standard fitting my "hobbie" use. I'm thinking about purchasing it, but am still looking around. I've know of a few high quality software on the market, just not in my price range for my situation. I'll check the ARTA software too, it may be better. Thanks ashok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.