Schematic for TI's PCM2906b line out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I'm doing some experimentes with a PCM2906b chip.

It happens that i'm following the datasheet and simple application suggested there.

At the output there is only two capacitors, one in each channel. The thing is that i'm plugging directly an headphone to the output and the sound is good if i put it on the first output level. If I increase it start to distort.

I believe that this cause by plugging directly the headphones without amplification of the signal. Does it makes sense?

I would like to know what would be the adequate schematic for making a lineout from the output of this chip as well as a derivation for the headphones.

Can someone point me an URL to such implementation?

I'm not very good with analog electronics. I lack base knowledge. My formation is more in digital circuitry and computers.

Thanks in advance,

With my best regards,

Nuno Santos

Hi,

Have you ever used the PCM2906? Do you think that the problem that I have, this is, the distortion in the sound when putting the sound louder is because i have a direct connection to the headphones without the filtering shown in the link you have passed me? Because the output levels of each chip are different.

Nuno

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.