THX for introducing "PC Based"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree! Thanks guys.

Could I suggest that soundchecks wiki is is made stickey in this section once the wikis are back up? Its been invaluable to me and it still seems like the most consolidated resource for pc audio around.

By the way, soundcheck, hows your fitpc2/tinycore setup coming along?

After playing with CLI installs of ubuntu a lot I decided to try gentoo.... LOTS of things to customise, end up with a system completely tailored to what you want to do with it, I expect tiny core is much the same/better.

My Tiny Core + MPD is working. (remote controlled via iPhone+MPoD ;) )

What's missing is ecasound/brutefir and the rt-kernel.

The good thing with Tiny Core - you just build the system up - nothing to be stripped down. But as you say, it's a hell lot of work to get it working.

Whats the hitch? Or have you just not got round to compiling/installing them?

I think compiling the kernel was the most fun bit of installing gentoo, I used the 2.6.29.6 vanilla + rt-23 patch you suggested in your wiki, removed everything from it not needed... compiled in a fraction of the time doing it on ubuntu with basic defaults.

One option I found that you didnt mention in the wiki was enabling real time clock in the alsa section of the kernel menuconfig.

Not sure whether it was one particular thing or the sum of all the little changes, but this is the best my system has sounded to date... so thanks for the rt etc tips! :worship:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.