DIY F2 clone

SE CCs, very attractive in winter. Not so much if the power utility is down and sky is grey
and house is running on batteries.

Describes my situation yesterday and today, probably for another few days.

:snail:
Yes, it is a challenging situation. It paves the way for Papa’s revised positive energy coefficient massless speaker, connected directly to ozon cooled AC so as to spare the bodies of the listeners, powered perhaps by a fusion core 5kW amp :rofl:

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The promise of never ending Class A…Papa needs this…

Attachments

• 340E1506-D09F-44AC-916E-7FEC2505F833.jpeg
    340E1506-D09F-44AC-916E-7FEC2505F833.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 106
SE CCs, very attractive in winter. Not so much if the power utility is down and sky is grey
and house is running on batteries.

Describes my situation yesterday and today, probably for another few days.

:snail:
Tempted to listen to (or even design/build) one 5 w class AB amp?
But, the one that sounds (quite) a bit better than a TDA 2003?
Of course, on top lid of that amp should be written: "Use only in case of emergency"... ;)

I’m starting to source the components for my F2J monoblocks. Without wishing to start a debate about whether expensive caps make a difference, I’ve decided to spend a bit on the input and output coupling caps. I’ve got Twitchie’s PCBs with the optional holes for those caps. At 45mm long I think I can just squeeze on the 1 uF Pur caps from Clarity Caps.

I just got done with my F2. I wanted to make sure I got everything right before going to F2J, so I don't put the SemiSouth parts at risk.

It's mess to look at; but, man, does it sound good!

I'm driving a pair of Abbys with it. They've moved from a McIntosh MC275. Of course this sounds better because I built it :) But, the bass is noticeably more articulate. Surprisingly, the midrange has more depth. It's much of what I expected after reading Papa's descriptions.

I'll listen for a week or two before converting it. I'm already very happy with the results.

I've read quite a few times that the F1/F1j/F2/F2j only shine with single driver sensitive speakers. I now believe the inverse is also true. The Abbys have never sounded so good :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I was lucky enough to come in to possession of a pair of Semisouths, and am thinking I’ll build an F2J with them. Does anyone know of a good source for the F2 boards? Also, if anyone has a BOM on hand that they wouldn’t mind sharing, I’d be most grateful. Thanks!

Scott