El Pipe-O is up at www.passdiy.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson, that was a very funny article. Sounds like the name alone brought back the good times in a grand scale. Must have been alot of fun to use an $20,000 amps to blow up $400 woofers. I wonder what it must have been like just before that happened. ;)

Thank You and Happy Holidays!

Did you try just typing it in? That seemed to work for me.

In the student center at the 'Tute, there used to be this ice cream store that had damn good icecream, and this big sonotube sub. Naturally, it was a Bose sonotube. What was interesting is that both "phases" of the woofer were loaded with transmission lines of different length. It's basically the transmission line equivalent to the acoustimass bass reflex alignment. Has anyone tried something like this?

-Won

I need a sub for my new project, El-Pipe-O may fit the bill. I wonder what Nelson's sub would look like if he built it like one of his own smoking appliances? J/K Time to track down some sonotubes and give it a whirl. Cool execution of a trannie line Nelson, thanks!!!

Rob

If the original drivers Nelson used are no longer available, you could try for the Hartley 24" of legend. Last I heard, they were still available.
I believe Magnat also has a driver in that class.
If all else fails, you could try to score one of the old JBL or EV 30" drivers, though you'd have to locate somewhat larger tubing...

Grey

Horizontal transmission lines work just fine. Better in fact, with the port being at the floor, you'll get a nice boundary to help things along. If they're at the junction between floor and wall, so much the better.
For that matter, the same principle works for reflex cabinets. It's not the laying down that makes the difference, it's the final position of the port.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.