UGS adventures

Back in 2008 I started to build my UGS preamp. I had a few difficulties and was very grateful for help from Cheff, Jacco, Maoussse and others. After installing a new Atmega64 I managed to upload the right software. I regret to say that I did nothing else to it after that. We moved house. I put the amp in a box.

However, almost 5 years later I decided to get it up and running. I thought I may need to reinstall the software. I connected the various pcbs, and powered it up and Hey presto. The dispay shows what it should. All the relays function correctly and ...:sax:..it plays music :D

So for 5 years it has been in a perfectly usable condition - doh.

Most of the case is made. I'm just working on the front panel. When I have the control board secured I'll post some pics.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi, it's been almost 5 years that I stopped DIY too.
It was for personnal reasons and strange enough, I'm back too :p

My UGS All inclusive is operating flawless for over 6 years now.
That design is really robust :)
Hearing is still a great amount of pleasure :) :) :)

Talking about the front panel, it's the most difficult part of building, because it's the part that you see and you don't want it to look "homemade" :) but rather "pro" hu hu hu

regards

Talking about the front panel, it's the most difficult part of building, because it's the part that you see and you don't want it to look "homemade" :) but rather "pro" hu hu hu

regards

Happy backcomming Trung. I have no news from Flat log time ago. No answer on mail....

Marc

Hi Maousse,

this is the most compicated project that I've underatken so far. I'm so pleased with it and loking fowward to some extended listening.

The front panel is indeed time consuming. I'm making it from acrylic - three layers, the centre one is transparent. LEDs will give a slit of blue light around the edge of the front and also imuminate the 6 push switches. Nearly there!!

Salut

Aidan

regards

Hi Trung

Nice to see you're back :cool:
My UGS All Inclusive works fine too, thanks for your help !!!

Phil

Have just spent a few hours listening to the preamp and I am very pleased and impressed.

The front panel is attached and looking great in black gloss but it still needs a volume knob. A fancy one is in the post along with some RCA connectors for the back panel.

The sub board also needs to be installed.

Steady but sound progress.

No sub boards and missing a few rca connectors on the back but it's looking good. no micro scratches yet!

IMGP2856.JPG