What are you listening to?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The only "Pass" component that I have is a Pearl phonostage. I recently finished the MC card put together by Promithius and it is quite good! Three cheers for Promitius! There is a bit of hum in the left channel that I have yet to troubleshoot, but overall I am pretty happy. The rest of my system is as follows:

Digital: Squeeze Box 3 connected to a 300 gig hardrive packed with uncompressed wav files.
analog: Nottingham space dec with Ace-Space arm and Shelter 301 low output MC cart and PASS Pearl with MC card
Speakers: Eton 7-372 and accuton C23-6 MTM's with Cardas wire, hovland caps, Alpha-core inductors and mills resistors.
Preamp: Rogue Audio Magnum 66 LSR
Amp: ARC D-125 with 6550EH tubes
Cables: Kimber 8tc speaker, Cardas diy interconnects and belden diy power cords.

Nate

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: What are you listening to?

Zen Mod said:

crappy Technics 30W amp ,on best spks in the world.........:devilr:

(spks are best for me ...)

I forgott picture ....
;)

Attachments

• img_2333.jpg
    img_2333.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 505
MikeW said:
Jam has not built an A-40.

You want it to be called the Weingolf A40 from now on ?
Out of curiosity, how many mosfet A40-s have been built ?

I just realised the mosfet A40 is the first all-fet design i constructed, i'm really pleased with the set. (still need to have marble front plates made, my broken fingers set me back a couple of months again)
The total building costs of A-40s are modest because of the low rail voltages and low-cost parts. I rarely need more than the power the A-40s deliver, all in all it's a very relaxed sounding couple. One day i'll have to haul myself to putting together a set of original A-40s for comparison, no idea why i've never built Pass A40s.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
bays_9a5tt said:

where u found this beautiful blue-white twisted speaker cable choky? :dead: :D

hehe
you know what that cable is......

in fact-this pic is taken at previous owner's place,but even in my workshop-where spks are located now- I have same type of cables;
twisted 3 pairs.......naturally connected to beautiful bakelite ancient Iskra origin binding posts ;)
for my def ears only silver sounds better on this beasts.........

btw-difference exists regarding this picture-now I have some Selenium compression drivers as super tweets

btw-now spinning Tom Waits-Beautiful Maladies

Zen Mod said:

btw-difference exists regarding this picture-now I have some Selenium compression drivers as super tweets

ahhh Selenium, remembering the smell of blown selenium rectifier. kinda smells like forgotten easter egg :xeye:

btw-now spinning Tom Waits-Beautiful Maladies

here: fresh new album by hungarian freaks Anima Sound System, called We Strike!

jacco vermeulen said:

You want it to be called the Weingolf A40 from now on ?
Out of curiosity, how many mosfet A40-s have been built ?

I just realised the mosfet A40 is the first all-fet design i constructed, i'm really pleased with the set. (still need to have marble front plates made, my broken fingers set me back a couple of months again)
The total building costs of A-40s are modest because of the low rail voltages and low-cost parts. I rarely need more than the power the A-40s deliver, all in all it's a very relaxed sounding couple. One day i'll have to haul myself to putting together a set of original A-40s for comparison, no idea why i've never built Pass A40s.

I think there were atotal of 16 boards. Jam has one, Mark M has one. Mark G has one and I have one. Those are the four amps that I built. I sent a set of boards to you, Harry and Brian D. I am not sure who has the other boards.

I had a chance to liste to Panelheads LM3886 amp. It was much better than I expected.
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.