What are you listening to?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm off to my field break and will soon be cranking my Aleph 3 on PSB speakers...playing Norah Jones and the Handsome Band on DVD...yeah what a face, what a voice!

Mike, the AX is still in its packaging...no time for diy...lots of time to listen though.

Have you built anything else?

Don't start jammin' me! My excuse is 2 six year olds.

I finished the Krell about a month ago, now it's back into the Bosoz pre. The Pre is a biggie..taking forever. I've got to stop with the electronics and get my speakers done!

I'm torn. I love the krell, it really controls the woofers. But that A30 sounds so sweet.

I have no favorite, I can't turn my back on either one.

Yes, I'm done w/ the amp. very nice. Thanks.:)
Looking forward to seeing a completed 100.

mpmarino said:

Don't start jammin' me! My excuse is 2 six year olds.

I finished the Krell about a month ago, now it's back into the Bosoz pre. The Pre is a biggie..taking forever. I've got to stop with the electronics and get my speakers done!

I'm torn. I love the krell, it really controls the woofers. But that A30 sounds so sweet.

Yes, I'm done w/ the amp. very nice. Thanks.:)
Looking forward to seeing a completed 100.

I don't build anything in the summer. Maybe a few tweaks to old amps. I am to busy with the kids also. Give me a call in September.
:hot:

mpmarino said:

Sounds like you really want to biamp. ;)

I'm using a pair of low(ish) biased Pass-Thagard A75s with higher rails in the main room biamping. ~A30 in the works for the top end.

Bela Fleck (Cosmic Hippo), Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms) and Acoustic Alchemy (Arcanum) were the last few in the CD player.

In my office system I use a Threshold FET Two Series II pre pushing a Threshold S-150 Series II amp.

At home I'm using a Threshold SL-10 pre with a Krell KSA-50 amp.

I recently acquired a mint Threshold CAS-2 amp, but I want to replace the PS filter caps in it before I put it into active service.

I have boards and parts ready to build some of BrianGT's Mini-As, but I'm waiting for him to offer his PS boards. Also, I need to locate some good heatsinks so I can start working up the mono chassis.

To this......

I am building a ZV9 to evaluate this against my 300B/245/2A3 set amps.....

WM

Attachments

• midinroom3.jpg
    midinroom3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 227
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
In the room. . .
Isolated by the aircon. . .
From the hot summer air. . .

Digging a sweet watermelon. . .
With a stainless spoon. . .
Through the opening on the top. . .

Listening to Jimmy Scott. . .
The slow and high voice. . .
From the J-low. . .
Driven by F1. . .

Attachments

• jimmy scott.jpg
    jimmy scott.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.