citation 12 mos fet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Schubert, just found the facebook page too! .............

Junm boards are $6 for a single channel set

so if you're making stereo amps, $12 gets you 2 driver PCB's and 2 Output PCB's ......... PCB's will be FR4 1.6uM solder masked and component side silk screened for easy component placement. I decided on single sided PCB's since this makes it easier to repair and make any changes or modifications

Prices exclude shipping, I'm forced to use a courier service since our postal system here is unreliable at best

how much shipping cost to the Philippines?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I had Jerry, the fellow who gave me the Citations, over for a listen today, and he confirmed the superiority of the lateral mosfet version - for those of you who might be interested. He was actually surprised to hear a difference at all, but he was unequivocal about his preference for the lateral version.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The 240/9240 version went together like a dream and worked perfectly right off....It's not an M2 or F6 - a little aggressive in the upper midrange (strings), but it has better bass (well, more bass anyway) and more grace under pressure than either.
Sound-wise, the lateral version is more even and preferable to the vertical mosfet version. Still not an M2 or F6, but mighty fine.

Depending on whose 9240's you were using, some or all of that could easily
be the "P channel problem" of the IRFs in which the tansconductance
shelves down a few dB from the midrange up and creates distortion.
This is usually dealt with by balanced operation and/or more feedback.

This is why you see the Fairchild parts in the M2.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Depending on whose 9240's you were using, some or all of that could easily
be the "P channel problem" of the IRFs in which the tansconductance
shelves down a few dB from the midrange up and creates distortion.
This is usually dealt with by balanced operation and/or more feedback.

This is why you see the Fairchild parts in the M2.

They were Vishay parts in my amp (complementary version). I used the same parts in my M2.

I had Jerry, the fellow who gave me the Citations, over for a listen today, and he confirmed the superiority of the lateral mosfet version - for those of you who might be interested. He was actually surprised to hear a difference at all, but he was unequivocal about his preference for the lateral version.

Yeah that is my intent, but I will be going quasi and probably go with the double die laterals.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I should note that I'll be building one from the "ground up", so to speak, rather than modifying an existing unit. Using Kramskee's boards in a stock unit might be a problem because they're not really designed for that, though you might be able to do it if you're really clever. For an existing unit the original boards work fine, in my opinion, if you're willing to cut a trace here and solder a capacitor on the back of the board there.

Last edited:
I've been following this topic with interest and some wistful envy. I've got a Citation 12 deluxe that I was going to rebuild with some boards I bought from Tazzz over a year ago. I've got too many other DIY audio irons in the fire (F6, BA3, VFet, ...) and will be listing the Citation and my Tazzz boards in the swap section later this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.