Naked pictures of Pass

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
My humble bench awaits, and I have tried to be good but these stupid Roon endpoints keep sneaking up on my bench.
Bill

what type of glue you did use for those Tokins?

OK now about me me me! what are suggestions for what Pass amp to build with those monster heatsinks there is the link to in Post 32.

Welcome Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

I have a couple of F-5's so I don't think I need an F-5 Turbo. Thinking on something more single ended based. But whatever..
Then I'll post a naked photo of the insides here when it's done.

OPLDF Is solution for all your problems

:clown:

ZM,
The hard part is hanging from the ceiling when I glued them. The universe has funny ways of screwing with me, some days it post all my pictures upside-down other days it installs not 1 but all 6 leds backwards. It always seems to happen when I think I am smart and need to be corrected.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Dennis good idea on the BA-1. I of course have a pleasant association with the Burning Amp BA amps! And furthermore when Nelson announced the BA series at BAF he gave me a couple of huge chassis' loaded with complementary output transistors and PSU's that he had used for development in previous years. Perfect for the complementary BA versions. So building a single ended amp BA amp would complete the collection... off to do research..Oh, and since I arranged the production of the boards for this amp I have a bunch 'round here someplace..

Here's the BA1 Info. Since the designs were for Burning Amp, these are The Massive Burners and sometimes overlooked by people searching for a large amp. The First Watt stuff is great, but if you need power and such, BA's are the way to go!

From Pass DIY:
https://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_ba1.pdf

From DIY Audio:
Burning Amplifier BA-1

I haven't had a chance to compare the 2 schematics but here is a note left by someone who bought the boards:“Quality product like all DIYAUDIO products. There is a zener diode mis-labeled as 2N4739, it should be 1N4739. It is a 1 watt 9.1 volt devise.It was a challenge to find the correct schematic as the board part numbers were not the same as the linked one. This is the correct place to see it. Burning Amplifier BA-1

Last edited: