papa and mother with litle son. happyAleph family

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have build many amps but finding no inerest to put in the internet-it is full of nice finished amps. today I worked with aleph monos and accidently put to one of my trusty aleph 5. take phone and did some photos :)
4 years ago zen v4 was a big amp. 3 years ago aleph 5 was realy big amp comparing with zen.

now the same massive aleph 5(800va toroid, 100mm fins, 420x 165x 420mm

does not seems so big comparing to my new aleph x monos :D

Attachments

• aleph monos vs aleph 5.jpg
    aleph monos vs aleph 5.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 917
here is my protype aleph x amps. they are smaller and have only 1.6kva toroids and only 16fets per channel . 23.4v rails 12Amps. are also made from 12mm aliuminium , is 500x650x165mm each. 100mm fins.
they are runing each at 618Wats with no problems. power - 116w/8ohms 210wats/4ohms 250wats.3ohms 160w/2ohms 80wat 1 ohm :) well not realy cold .but after 3 hours I can put hand whenever I want and hold it for a 10-20seconds without discomfort. they has absolute ofset 3.3V and at speakers terminals 80mV. in foto not seens put there are point to point wirring. looks terrible :)

in combo (with 99.97% silver wire to speakers and interconcts , fully balanced dac based on 4 x pcm 63p-k with 6.0 V RMS balanced output,passive dact attenuator ) threy make my wilson audio watt puppy shake the walls . they moove a lot of air like high curent b class push pul ,but they do it with so musical easy comon to aleph s and speed . spped is superb. shaming aleph 5 in that respect very much. no mater is it sacd thaikovsky overture or LP orchestra they shine with superb resoliution no coloroations and gret thunder speed and control. in fact they are too powerful fro wilsons. I even did not tried to listen at 80% or so. maybe I will reuce rails to 20V and bias to 10A.
I have some complains about sounstage but thhese probably I will fix it when adjusting better..

I can believe that the same amp with the same parts with 22v rails and 5A bias can sound so medium, and the same amp put in monos with 12A bias per channel so juicy ,so much air and so Poweful!!
:scared:
I wonder why nelson do not make higly biased apms for low impedanse speakers? in XA 200 they can put 100w highly biased amp. and I can bet a farm that they will not be much worse that theese newdays opamps input stage based marks levisnosn and krells thunders ;)

thanks you guys all ,especialy One And the Only :angel:

Attachments

• prototypes mono.jpg
    prototypes mono.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 833
luckily they have they own 44sq metter flat. ;) where threy live with 5 to 10 pairs speakers(at the mean time only 4 pairs) lot of capacitors, resistors wood working tools and speaker drivers . at evening I kiss every and leave them here. always turn off- for better sleeping and resting. its my dedicated work place which I rent for audio hobby. pour neightboards what can i say.. :)

elviukai said:
choky? where are you? my amp is so ugly that you probabaly even shocked ? :) I see yours modest coments on every pass diy :D

and seriuosly is anybody ou here has high bias versions built. I would like fine tune mine because I just add fets and diferent source ressitors. all says that and other parts should be changed..

Your amp is not ugly.. I call it in progress / fine tuning stage :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jleaman said:

Your amp is not ugly.. I call it in progress / fine tuning stage :)

what ?

they ARE ugly!!!

:devilr:

(choky was sinnbined for two days just because this sort of comments ;))

I like this sort of ugliness ,where you can see numerous hours of thinking and dreaming, just maybe little less hours in exact hand working .................

love and passion is what counts ;)

thanks choky, I feel much better now :D

by the way playing at very loud levels where is tremendous low octaves transients I have feeling that my aleph x is runing out of energy. the aleph 5 was the same, I even noticed that led diodes become blink then. now there no diodes but the same out of power sounds.. absolute ofset is 1-1.5v

I am using for each channel- 1.6kW trafo and 330 000uf. 12A bias 22.5V rails could it be transformer or not enought capacity?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
elviukai said:
thanks choky, I feel much better now :D

by the way playing at very loud levels where is tremendous low octaves transients I have feeling that my aleph x is runing out of energy. the aleph 5 was the same, I even noticed that led diodes become blink then. now there no diodes but the same out of power sounds.. absolute ofset is 1-1.5v

I am using for each channel- 1.6kW trafo and 330 000uf. 12A bias 22.5V rails could it be transformer or not enought capacity?

in this energy area you can't never have too much of VA and Joules;

change your speakers

I'm not kidding; I'm sure that you have all world's details with Wilsons, (nota bene that I never heard a pair of them) but I'm also pretty sure that you never can have another important thing- that preciouss detailed flow of energy as with some more efficient speakers)

Choky -who just now listen Tom Waits Mule Variations on pair of RCA LC1B ,amplified with weeny crappy Technics 2x30W amp :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.