Budget BOZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To replace my commercial pre-amp (Cambridge C500) I have build the BOZ. I had a small budget so the casing and knobs are cheap. But I haven't saved on the amplifier itself. The trannie is a 30 VA from Amplimo it gets a bit hot, but no hum. The stepped attenuator is self made, it's a 12-step switch. All resistors are 1% MF. The PCB is a multiboard, because I haven't the facilities to produce my own PCB's
The Power Amps are the (in)famous JLH 1996 version. The amplification is a lot better with my JLH compared with the tube amplifier of my father. (Something with impedance ??).

Here a picture a friend of mine made:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Originally posted by SuppersReady

Hi Taco,

How does it sound?

Paul

Very clean, sound. The Cambridge has a bit colored bass. The bass of the BOZ is very tight. The soundstage is also better. I like the BOZ.

Originally posted by halojoy

Those 6 shielded cables.

Are those to the input selector? :)

The 3 cabels are indeed for the input (3 inputs; switched with a Elna switch ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.