power supply issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, everyone.
i'm going to build two aleph 5. my problem is i already have a 500VA and two 300VA transformer. all of them are having 36 - 0 -36 secondary voltage. after the bridge, the DCV will be ~ 46 - 0 - 46.

quite high for the amp. So, what part of the circuit on the amp do i need to modify?

:bulb: Ahh... THAT's the catch! Class A operation.

Thanks for the feedback, Mr. Pass.

Maybe you have a good idea for my little problem (and reason for reading this thread).
I have plans about a Class D, design, where the currrent draw will obviously vary immensly.
I'd like to lower the idle (no-load) output voltage of my supply a few volts. It's rated voltage is fine for my planned class D modules,, but it's idle voltage is on the high side.
Could a simple constant current source make this controlled load (I know it's not in the line of power saving class D design, but it's not about conserving power), or do you have a better idea to avoid the "no load" condition?

Jennice

Jacco:

Thanks. I was confused since I didn't recall any worms in this thread, or your participation in the other thread. Thus my confusion.

I felt that AndrewT was making a lot of noise before thinking it through, and that I was verbally attacked by him without him being able to prove me wrong. He went after the player, not the ball (the subject), and I didn't feel an urge to be very polite to him. :devilr:

He also made me wonder what he was really after. He gave an example with an unknown resistor, and a "reference" of which he even described the materials and the design of the trimming method. Knowing all that, I would assume he also had data on the inductance value of this reference, which is much more obvious than finding a describtion of it's value trimming method. -- So his contribution seemed more like the result of having a bad day, than a serious contribution tio the original question: "Is it possible to find out if a resistor is non-inductive?"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.