is loveoltech jfet ld1014d ok?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
in an incredible day , i got some ld1014d from my friend who is working in lovoltech agent office of china. unbelievable it is so easy to buy ld1014d in china, my friend said there are lots of stocks in china, but only ld1014d, no lu1014d because of less need in china ----- making computer main board only needs DPAK jfets.

loveoltech jfet is so small that my friend is not able to believe it can be used as power output transistors, he ask me again and again with these words "are you sure?" i tell him i am sure! but when i put ld1014d in my hand , too too small, i think, how can i stick ld1014d on the heatsink? i dont know how to do because of DPAK encapsulation . can any guys give me some comments?

an important question is can DPAK ld1014d be used in zenV8 circuit, will it affect sound qulity? from datasheet ld1014d and lu1014d are no different in technolody features. Mr. Pass , can you tell me why you chose lu1014d not ld1014d?

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 726
not from ke ji jing cheng

from a friend in GREAT TIME ELECTRONICS which is agent of lovoltech in china. you can browse lovoltech website to see it.

if you really need some , i can help you to communication with him.

but only ld1014d, ld1014d is cheap because they have stocks,
if you need lu1014d , you must wait for long time ,lu1014d will be more expensive than abroad, because lu1014d must be transported from USA to china.

hi, a'af (cool name)

today, i tell my friend that someone want to group buy ld1014d from china, is it feasible? he said it is ok when quantity of ld1014d
reach minimal pack ------2500 pieces. price is below:
every piece of ld1014d costs $0.50

so peoples of group buy must amount to more than 25 and every one must buy more than 100 pieces, then group buy will proceed.

anyone who is interested write down your comments and pop up this thread .

you can email to me with title of "group buy from diyaudio.com"

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jh6you said:
50 . . . ? hum . . . are you going to make monkey business with the 50 pieces . . .?
:judge:

When I get them (I expect so), I will send you 12 matched pieces . . .
Hey! dont complain like a baby . . .
All will be free for the tooboo man . . . :D

jh

I'm just joking
but-if you insist-you can always send me nice potcard from your place ,and few critters in envelope:clown: ;)

I also have about 20 of the LD parts. If you look at the datasheets, you will notice that they have the same basic dimensions, ignoring lead types.
What I plan to do is to cut a piece of 1/2" x 1-1/2"solid copper bar and solder the part directly onto the bar (probably by pre-tinning the bar and sweating them on, so as not to overheat them). This should give a larger surface to mount to the heat sink. I plan to drill and tap a place for the drain connection in the bar itself. I have some .002" thick virgin teflon that I will use as an insulator for the bar to the heat sink.
My theory is that the thick copper should give more surface area to transfer the heat, making the thermal resistance less from Jfet to heat sink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.