plitron vs. victoria magnetics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey, im finally ordering the transformers for my aleph2's and i was curious what ppl think about victoria magnetics as opposed to plitron?

i was looking to get 2 1.5KVA transformers for my monoblocks, and 6 1KVA transformers for the other six channels. which would be better for this purpose? i see that victoria magnetics has a bit better shielding than the plitron, at what seems to be the same cost... any opinions here?

yeah, i could buy them off him. but i still need 6 more :)

im building 2 monoblocks, and 3 2-channel aleph2's.

parts are sorted (all 3900 of them). vishay resistors, invidually tested within 0.01% tolerence, black gate resistors, etc, etc. they better sound good...

by next wednesday all boards will be completely soldered and ready for assembling.

grataku said:
I would definitely buy the two VM 1kva form peter daniel, just be sure to pay him $canadian ;). Try them out. They seem to be nicely wrapped the plitron look kinda sloppy. On the other hand it may be that VM look better because they are skimming on Cu.

haha

some guy off the street sold em to me! he told me they are THE BEST! its kinda wierd though, they look like a standard paper clip though... and they dont measure right on my meter, but they do say black gate on the masking tape that's on em!

hehe, black gate CAPS. gotta love dumb typos.

trigon said:
Hi cowanrg

Where did you get "black gate resistors":D

Trigon:D

sounds like a plan. my zip code is 80301. see how much shipping would be. 300CDN sounds good. tell me how much shipping would be either through USPS, UPS, whatever. if you think they are decent, ill give em a go. if i like them, ill get 6 more :)

Peter Daniel said:
The thing is, you could buy first two from me to try, and if you'd like them, you could order the rest directly from VM.

another? to my knowledge im the only one who's crazy enough to attempt it. the "aleph theatre" thread was mine too.

hopefully ill have pictures to post next week. i have a couple already, but dont have the camera here. hehe, i have pics of the parts, parts, and more parts. its insane how much was had. boxes and boxes of stuff.

jh6you said:
Whoa! Another Aleph theaters! Whoa!

By the way, is the plying flags a diyAudio fashion...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.