P1.7 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
As far as I see, the Vds of Q15 is about 30V and the bias is with about 30mA so that power dissipation = 30 x 0.03 = 1W.

I would summarize power dissipation as follows:

Q15 and Q18: 1W each
Q16, Q17, Q19 and Q20: close to 1W each

Regards
jh

Screw up

I did screw up on some of the resister sizes, sorry. Better to be to big that not big enough. If you let that pre-amp run for a while you'll see why there are heatsinks on the MOSFETs.:bawling:

It was only my second pre-amp project. The next one will be better.:D

Mike,

Really... I'm not complaining? I'm very grateful that you sent it. There is not a thing wrong with the boards or anything to complain about at all! If you had more boards I'd love to have several to build up for other people. I decided to take this one to full balanced operation. Had yet to run my 2s in balanced mode at all..... In order to do this there was some re-work that had to be done on both boards. And at the same time I made all the resistors MF's and changed a few others to coencede with the factory version. The ones that I installed were basically the same wattage as yours were...... Regarding the sinks... Some have them and some don't... which has me a bit confused....... So whats up here? Would seem to me that these devices can dissipate a watt free air... or can't they..... I left the sinks on the regulators. If they all need to be on a sink I would consider taking the time to machine a bar of alumnium to thermally connect them all together.

BTW: you ought to hear it in balanced mode:)

Thanks!

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.