Pearl Phono Done (almost)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend and I just got my Pearl Phono up and running. The main preamp is done and installed in a Par Metal Cabinet. The only thing different is the use of Halco and RSP resitors and Multicaps at the output. The power supply is my friends modified version of Waynes. It is built on temporary Radio Shack boards until we decide on a couple of part choices. We have two different sets of high speed rectifiers with jumpers mounted. After break in I will decided which to use and the we will mfg. a power supply board and mount in good enclosure. Right now the power supply is just sitting on a board.

So far it sounds very good. It started out a little hard and forward but that is disappearing with break in. Bass is cleaner and more detailed then my Rotel 970 that I have been using. The sound stage is bigger and deeper, very nice. I 'm running a Grado Sonata 4.5mv

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.