indicator of temperature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suspect that there is a translation problem involved.
The X amps do not have thermometers ("indicators of temperature"). If I recall correctly, the meter on the front of the X amps indicates variations in bias current.
Someone asked this question a year ago or so. Nelson answered. I believe he said that the meters were horribly expensive and that they reworked them to make them look the way they do. The search engine here is terrible, but you may be able to find the answer if you persevere.

Grey

Being unable to leave well enough alone, I prodded the search engine and came up with the following post from Nelson:

The bare meter costs a fortune from Selco, and it then
gets its own machined and anodized bezel, etc. You
don't want to go there.

I've never seen a temperature sticker on any production amplifier. Most people could care less about the actual temperature of their amp, only that it keeps running reliably. Thermostatically controlled switches are a far better solution to keep an amp from burning up.
Most likely, if there was a temperature indicator on an amp, the user (or a technician) put it there.

Grey

I've been watching the current meter on the power supply driving my LH for a week or so now. Not just to see if it will overcurrent and fry but, it is an indication of temperature. I just finished it and I'd like all the info I can get as it demonstrates it's reliabilty, or not. A temp meter would be a good idea at least at this point.
I call it an LH because I did not put the "knob" on it that made a "P"LH but I don't use the JLH style input either. My intitials are LH, hmmm... :D :D :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.