|Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th December 2005, 04:44 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2003
Aleph P 1.0 preamplifier - just finished
This is Aleph P 1.0 clone I just finished building.
The enclosure is built as matching one to Gain Clone I presented here some time ago:
Outside it is the same size , accept 2 cm lower.
1. Welwyn 55C low wattage resistors. The wriewound power resistors also come from Welwyn.
2. Capacitors are Siemens Sikorel 125 and Black Gate N as signal coupling.
3. Vishay - Telefunken BYV 26C rectifire diodes.
4. The transformer comes from local manufacturer of very high quality transformers for medical purposes. It has electrostatic and elecromagnetic shields and is filled with epoxy.
5. Cardas pure copper litz wire (made by me with individual strands) that I additionally covered with cotton sleeves.
6. The volume control is based on Elma switch. It is ladder type and I used custom values of resistors to give actual and precise 2db steps. They came from local manufacturer of high quality metal film risistors (Elpod).
7. There is no input selector. It accepts both RCA and XLR signals but offers only RCA output (hence 4 deck Elma switch).
The sound is just excellent and I prefer this pramp over Aleph L, BLS , Bride of Zen and Aleph P 1.7 that I have all also tried
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My finished Aleph 5||tomchaoda||Pass Labs||7||4th March 2011 04:18 PM|
|My Aleph P1.7 was finished||heyj||Pass Labs||23||15th August 2006 07:06 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|