Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Is one manufacturers IRFP240 the same as anothers?
Is one manufacturers IRFP240 the same as anothers?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th October 2005, 03:11 AM   #31
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

I also proposed an alternate device a post or so ago and although terry's choice is pretty close to home, I still have seen/read nothing to deter me from succsess. Speaking of close to home, everyday I deal with switching 100kHz+ smps stuff and we cant' use Terry's choice there but it is more of an RdsON function and of coarse switching losses due to C. Our favorite is Infineon HV CoolMOS.
The infinion SPP77N06 (Low Votltage OptiMOS) has about 1770pF Ciss(typ), Coss of 460pF and Crss of 120pF(typ). Gfs(@higher I than we are interested in) of 50+ (typ) and .63 C/W thermal resistance. Asside from switching speed and reverse charateristics, would'nt this device be an appropriate selection??? O.K. it's a TO220 but is'nt .63 C/W, .63 C/W? Are those parameters and C figures very comparable to Nelson's choice??? And of coarse suitable to use in designs and "variations" that tend to make him smile???
Is there not also a need to bias them up to a more linear region wich tends to burn them up if you actually try to use it there???
Just my current direction. Thanks.
Old 15th October 2005, 01:13 PM   #32
Ultima Thule is offline Ultima Thule  Europe
diyAudio Member

flg,

do you have a link to that device, it's always a good and appreciable manner adding a link like the others have in this thread.

Cheers Michael

ps: I couldn't find "SPP77N06" on Infineon's homepage.
Old 15th October 2005, 02:49 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Sure, Sorry. I know it's there and I've gone in a few circles looking... But, I tried and I get this: javascriptpenPopup('/upload/Document/cmc_upload/documents/021/423/SPP_B_77N06S2-12.pdf')
I should have put forth more effort... Hmmm, if I just give you this page, It is there... http://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx/...cegndfifdfoh.0
I'm trying to work out a design after Nelson's PLH fig:5 with a jfet input pair "just for my entertainment"...

Thanks
Old 15th October 2005, 03:03 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

BTW, personal things aside, "Motorola's version" was mentioned a few post's ago. I honestly feel I am obligated to point out, Motorola's descrete, logic, analog, high Freq, and of coarse power conversion products(hmmm) have been sold to create ON Semiconductor... 5 years ago... The rest of there IC bis has also been sold off to create Freescale... I could not enjoy this stuff if it were not for them.

Is one manufacturers IRFP240 the same as anothers?Hide this!Advertise here!