Aleph Ono/ Xono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

you could try a 6,3Volt BG NX

the 4,02 is only important if you want the specified gain. 3,9 should be ok as should 470R instead of 475R.

The output filter cap Cu (or C48) forms a lowpass filter with a quite high pole. I don´t think this is critical and would use 580pf (it wasn´t even installed in the first two revisions)

William

Hi,

i'm build the Xono just now. Some train of thoughts in the posts are new for me (LED for D5 are better when some diodes, ...).
But i think some important settings have been ignored.

The link above is from a DAC project, but on full bottom he tells from the difference for the standby current of the 2sk389.

up to 3mA = powerless
6mA and more = sharp

Is it important for us? - your choose!

cu

Dear All,

I recognized to have a stereo pcb for Xono and a pcb set for Dragan´s UPS and those exotic trannies like 2SK389, 2SK170GR left in my cellar; those IRFD9110, IRF610, IRF9610 and SC1844 as well as SA991 and 2SK170BL should be in "stock" as well. Panasonic HS-TA, FC and FM are available in appropriate numbers too, so that I could start building a second Xono for me.

But I´m a bit undecided about those coupling caps and the type of resitors I should go for.

Thus I´m asking for your suggestions for the type of resitors I should go for?

The first Xono was build with nothing especially; resitors in the first build are quite normal 0,1% and 1% metall film types, caps from Panasonic.

What resitors do you suggest?

Shall I go for those non-magnetic Vishay Dale, PRP, Takman metal film or those exotic Shinkoh tantalums? Can anyone please describe what might change on the sound side when those resitors are used?

Additionaly I´m asking about the combination for coupling caps for C10, C19, C37 on Dragan´s pcbs. For those coupling caps I found hints and suggestions that 10uF Black Gate BG N would be best but are no longer in production and I didn´t find any sourcing option. Second options should be

• 10 uF MKP (as supposedly used in Aleph Ono too)
  • a combination from 220 uF/25V electrolytic with a Panasonic 47nF MKP Bypass (as supposedly for C10 to be used in X-Ono too)
  • a combination of one 220 uF ELNA Simic II with a Panasonic 47nF MKP Bypass

Which of these options would you go for and what do you expect sound-wise from this options?

Many thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.