Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
steenoe said:

As a matter of fact, I did do that:) Take a look at this hardware:D
I intent to make a CLC PSU for the ZEN amp, with that. What do you think? Well, the Zen sounds so great, that I think it deserves a decent supply. I hope to get my mate, Magura to do me a couple of his nice coils, for it:D Also I did today get some 6mm2 lead, that will be used instead of the skinny ones on the pic! I have great hopes:cool:

Steen.

BTW it runs hot, but not too hot;)

I my self like Teflon wire.

Now, why everone is waiting... here are some more heat sinks! Another take on the "thermally coupled" idea.

Attachments

• heatsink.jpg
    heatsink.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,167
Are you gonna use all 6 channels for biamping

Indeed, I have three stereo amplifiers---2 Mark Levinson no. 27's and a no. 29---and some crossover-less speakers I cooked up a while ago (see attached photo).

I just got the BOSOZ running and my IR thermometer tells me the heatsinks are running at about 55C... and the pair of 3W 750 ohm resistors are running at about 90C.

Do I need heatsinks for those resistors!?!!

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,063
Henry, thats quite a setup, 3 ML's:devilr: And that speaker is beautyful. Very nice woodwork.
Wonder how hot the mosfets are running with the normal Clip-on heatsinks? If yours are 55C, with that amount of heatsinking.
The resistors are best kept a distance from the pcb, to ensure a little more airflow around them.

Steen:)

Finally some progress on the powersupply. I've been busy with a Unix project here at work so that's why there hasn't been any updates for some time.

For the rectifier part i've added the posibility to have snubber caps if you go with for ex. 1n4004 diodes. The big caps are snapin type so you can choose whatever cap you like and it will fit, dia of the footprints are now 35mm with a 10mm pitch. On the - side you should choose zeners that are ~4V + your intended output.

What do you think?

/Kari

Attachments

• pwr.png
    pwr.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.