most often a Vgs multiplier, which looks just like the Vbe
multiplier in bipolar designs.

The Thagard/Pass A75 article is a fine example of this
sort of bias circuit.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
R U avoiding XO

Nelson, I think you are ignoring the millions of requess for that crossover. I suspect that you are sick of the subject after getting your commercial unit out the door! After all, how many people will be able to make huge speakers? or need monster (tm) amps?

BUT Lots of people here seem to have PABU
(Pass Amp Build-Up) The crossover would allow them to hook up all their amps!

At least XO didn't mean a hug and a kiss.....

Mark

How about the Bisector (if it's a two way)...

Sort of goes along with The Claw....

We have the making here for either a new comic series or the next Star Wars...

I like it:

The Zen could be a simple fellow with lots of clarity (sort of an Obi Wan thing)...and a bright spot in the middle of his forehead that somehow is linked to his wisdom...

The Claw could be an evil creature that kills with bass notes... You know, lots of slime dripping from its outlet and the creature in front of it simply disintegrates...

The Son of Zen could be a screw-up that has a substance abuse problem and keeps getting into trouble...

Then we have the Bisector which could be a total slime-ball that keeps creating a ruckus by turning the various creatures against each other...

All of this could take place on planet Krispy Kreme... The planet surface could be similar to angel food cake with pools of white slimey stuff that resembles quicksand that the creatures fall into when being chased...

Could work...

;)

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member

I had to study the thread to determine that you meant Nickolas.
I think we were just having fun riffing on the idea of acronyms, not giving meaning to giove him a hard time, afraid we forgot about him in fact..

Hey Nickolas, welcome aboard, As you noticed I'm sure, I want that crossover too, so thanks for bringing it up. We gotta keep Nelson working day and night!!!

Mark

x-over

I assume that the x-over will be discrete? I currently own a nice sounding TDM 4th order unit manufactured locally, but, would love to lift the veil a bit more in my system by going to discrete components. Do you suppose this unit will tri-amp? Balanced inputs/outputs are a must with a fully horn loaded system.

anxious in Oregon City,

John Inlow

Hmm,

Sounds very interesting,

Perhaps Mr Pass has in mind discrete buffer stages than can be used as building blocks (balanced of course), and filter stage boards that can be setup for various slopes, Q etc so that its quite universal and can be customised for individual needs.... .

regards

macka

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, some people here have tongues like frogs, then.
In the U.S. I can feel quite clever to know 2 languages, in the rest of the world they would probably wonder why only two?

I have to say my favorite threads are when an idea catches fire and everyone jumps on and contribute, with everything from jokes to theory. A real danger when dealing with clever people!

reminds me of the regenerating thread, where we ended up with all the relevent info to build a motor generator to replace transformers in amps, when absolutely no one was planning to really make one. But now someone could!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3674&goto=newpost