DIY progress report

Hmmm...
I'm confused. Were you in a neighbor's house watching through a 2nd floor window as your house burned or were you in your house watching a neighbor's house burn...and how is it too bad that you now block their view of the water when you didn't before?
(And a cool face? Do you not like these particular neighbors?)
One of my earliest memories--ca. 3 y.o.--is of watching, terrified, as a house burned just a block or two away. It was late at night and to this day I can remember the flames leaping and twisting against the sky. Another house burned a few months later. Not as dramatic as the first one, at least from the perspective of my bedroom window, but still scary.
Either way, my condolences to you and/or your neighbor.

Grey

I see it this way:
Nelson is in his neighbor's house, ether visiting or staying there while his house is built. So he is inside and he is looking through the picture window of their house. While he is there the second story of his house is built. In his criptic way he is telling us that his house is right next to the water and that he will have full a view to the sunset once his house is done. :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
who's da neighbor ?

( oh , boy ...... I just love da picture ...... so I just can't stay at haiku.... )

Attachments

• sr.jpg
    sr.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,139
It's a curious thing, the human mind.
We have the capability, in the most literal sense, to think impossible thoughts. Take "this statement is false" as an example. People have tried for centuries to unravel the mystery of how a self-referential statement could invalidate itself. Or not, depending on your point of view. If that one doesn't grab you, consider the "grandfather paradox" in science fiction. Or how people can believe in both conventional religion and UFOs without having their heads explode.
I hereby invoke the Gordian Solution...I unlimber my sword and...SLASH!
Behold! There is no problem. All you have to do is accept that the human mind can express ideas that are impossible.
There are valid riddles, of course, but a lot of the things accepted as riddles are not. They're impossible. Does the line drawing of the box go into the page or come out of the page? Neither. It's a two dimensional line representation of a three dimensional object--just lines on paper. Yet I've seen people of putatively normal IQ argue over this for an hour.
The solution to many problems is to realize that you have more choices than simply A or B. There's often a C, sometimes a D, and so forth. But we're conditioned to look at the problems as they're placed before us; choose A or B...with no mention of any other possibilities.
So...
Would you choose Jessica Alba or Eva Mendes?
The answer, clearly, is both!
(At least for me. You can take Paris Hilton...please...no, really, take her away...far, far away...)

Grey

P.S.: It's a flippin' miracle that I ever scored anything above chance on any of the standardized tests. They gave four answers to choose from, but I wanted the fifth answer...the one they didn't offer as an option. So then I had to back up and try to get inside the head of the test's author. Which answer did they want? It just about did me in.

Nelson Pass said:
... while watching the
2nd story go up through the picture window of a neighboring house.

Too bad I'm now blocking their view of the water...

:cool:
I think replies like this belong in the Pub :spin: Having said that, I'll bet you a :cheers: that NP was vacationing in a neighboring house, watching his own 2nd story go up ;)
And, he is now blocking their view of the water... :xeye:
Just like he said ;)