Here is a great tip for you guys building aluminum chassis for your amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damn good tip.
A tip for this tip - don't use electrical tape, the heat generated by the cutting process usually melts the tape's glue, sometimes even the tape, then you get stuck cleaning all that gooey glue gunk off your stock which takes just as long as deburring the edge. Automotive masking tape(the lime green 3M stuff) works ok for me.

cowanrg said:
not a problem. just as long as i dont have to look somewhere else. im trying to move along all my projects quickly now. i just found about $500, so i have the funds to pretty much complete all my projects! i also got access to a mill, yippee!

Want to do mine too then >?

JasonL said:

Want to do mine too then >?

hehe, sure! if you lived close, i would gladly mill your metal for you. but shipping would be pricey. i need practice at any rate.

im going to be a total loser and do a ton of unecessary parts for my pre-amp, just because i can, and because it will be nice to get the practice.

i just got doing the solidworks files and analysis, and it looks like my aleph2s will be weighing in at around 100 pounds per chassis, maybe a bit more. not too shabby. gonna need that money for all that metal and fasteners!

As an avid woodworker, I feel compelled to ask the same thing I would on a woodworking forum:

*ahem* "Safety guard removed for clarity, right?"

(Not the fault of the thread starter, naturally. The folks at the site should have noted it.)

Do yourself a favor and follow all safety precautions, and use your safety gear when using power tools.

(/soapbox)

eLarson said:
As an avid woodworker, I feel compelled to ask the same thing I would on a woodworking forum:

*ahem* "Safety guard removed for clarity, right?"

(Not the fault of the thread starter, naturally. The folks at the site should have noted it.)

Do yourself a favor and follow all safety precautions, and use your safety gear when using power tools.

(/soapbox)

As an avid metalworker, I can't imagine producing quality results with safety guards in place. All my safety guards are removed (or were not installed in a first place).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.