DIY ACA mini

I found a small, but unimportant difference between the schematic and the board. The jumper is on the other side of R11.

Attachments

• J1_new.jpg
    J1_new.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,153
That sounds again like a fabulous little project... and Jim's guide is top, as ever!

I have been trough the doc but couldn't find the precise total power consumption / ampere draw. OK, following the SMPS, it will obviously be "quite less than 90W and 3.75A", but what is it precisely? The next SMPS down the same product line is 2.5A...

Many thanks as ever!

Claude

Thanks for your kind reply... yep, based on the heatsinks and resistors I came aswell to 30W.

My guess is the Meanwell has been very largely dimensioned perhaps to avoid triggering the hiccup mode when starting with many capacity.

The Meanwell seems to perform better than its max advertised ripple, sadly haven't found its working frequency, but it will anyway be another candidate for a try with Mark's SMPS filter as offboard unit between SMPS brick and PS input :)

MFG

Claude

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
That sounds again like a fabulous little project... and Jim's guide is top, as ever!

I have been trough the doc but couldn't find the precise total power consumption / ampere draw.

That’s not the guide, just some photos that I took when building. I can get some work done on the guide in a week or so when I return from my trip.

With 0.31v bias my meter is showing 26w current draw from the wall (N. American mains, 120V 60Hz)

Yes, this is a great candidate to try Mark Johnson’s PO89ZB inline SMPS filter, it seems to always be beneficial, even with the excellent Mean Well bricks.

Last edited: