LD1014D Id-Vds-Vgs Curve

Bought 20 pcs LD1014D from AliExpress, and got 2 pcs from wg45 (Mr, Pass' stash).

Using the Ld1014D, build a simply LuFet power amp and a audio IC/buffer based frond end voltage amp.

New LTSpice model added, post #22;

New Lufet amp added with PCB, post #30;

New headphone voltage front amp added, including PCB, post #33;

Base board with daughter board configuration added, post #41;

Few bugs in schematics and PCB board. Will be updated after testing.

Build started, post #54

Frequency response and THD+N measurement of the voltage stage, #57

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 688
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 687
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:
again from Ali, bought a DC-DC boost converter, any notebook power supply as input, output 0.5V to 30V, the max current 4A, can be set at any value. The good thing of the converter is its voltage adjustment, spin wheel, one click 1 mV. And it has its own voltage and current output display, calibrated with a Fluke DDM, it is very accurate. Using a battery as -Vgs. The schematics see the photo.

Attachments

• Picture7.png
    Picture7.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture8.jpg
    Picture8.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Good information, thanks for taking the time to measure and publish the results.
Is the apparent negative output impedance (drain conductance) due to some thermal effect? If you can reduce the duration of the test current, how short a pulse can you measure with that meter, (auto hold fn)? What happens if you took the data in the opposite sequence of Vds steps?

Last edited:
You're about a month ahead of me. I've ordered shiploads of these parts from Ebay, and also ordered the pcb's direct from China. I have a feeling that my nieces, nephews and siblings are all going to be quite surprised when they receive a hand made amplifier in the mail, although I don't think it will happen this Xmas due to slow shipping.

Did you try shorting the pins on the "dead" units and re-testing them? Five out of twenty is significantly more DOA parts than usual, most people report 2%.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Just checked my batch of 50, purchased from the likely same source. I’ve found 2 with disconnected gate, so nonfunctional.

If these were parts packaged by Lovoltech, I doubt there would be such high number of duds, if any. It is likely they are from some untested or discarded stock, purchased after Lovoltech factory closure and just packed by some wholesaler. There are even different cases with different marking (one in my batch).

It is not encouraging that you found only one perfect matched pair from 20.

Attachments

• Lot.jpg
    Lot.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 350
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nice work wwwtttwww.
I bought 100 from aliexpress, and can confirm two different packages were included.
Had no issue selecting four for f1j, and its been sounding great, did not blow any. It looks like they can handle current no issue. Large spread is unfortunate, one must buy more.
I got some legged ones from Mr. Nelson too, thanks.
Used them in f3. Works fine, but needs case.