Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Big problem now is I will have to go find or build big horribly inefficient speakers to burn all those watts :clown::joker::redhot:

:rofl:

if you meant on - invest all possible watts, then yeah

if you meant on dissipation watts .... there are not exactly so many of them

Papa's XA25 is sucking 240W from wall (according to PL site), while this one, as is , 200W

30Vdc *2 * 1A7= 102W/channel, means 204W stereo

in case of 35Vdc rails ........ that's 238W

frankly, I don't know how high rails are in original, not what Iq is

fact is, I chose these numbers as nice ones for me

and there he goes again .....

absolutely fantastic result , leaving me even more confused as to what next, I was leaning toward M25/SET but this being without input transformers might sway me to try this flavour.

thanks as always ZM and Dr Frankenstein aka your Pappa

I am sold on the idea (of iron) , M2X has been the most often used and sissysit gets loads of attention in my other system ( but it started misbehaving after 1 year - so needs a little attention before it can make music again )

Babel XA252 will just offer some variation

ZM

Thanks to you I am re-learning the benefits of iron:wave2:

A tee that is made just for you

Attachments

• Fe-Man.jpeg
    Fe-Man.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,136
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as Pa wrote many times, and we are repeating as Clever Parrots - doesn't matter how many KiloWatts darn puck is declared, if you can't see nice numbers for DC operation in SOA graph ........ use it as ......... dunno what :clown:

that part is not even having SOA graph in 3 different datasheets I found , so ......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM, my main speakers are from a small local company (gershman grade avant garde).
The main source is a bryston bda3 dac.

I think the xa25 rails may be higher than 35V but I like what you have. :)

Cheers,
Dennis

these spks are looking nice......... though, I see reasons to pair your XA25 with them :)

regarding rails ...... so - it seems that Pa again played it safe - highish rails, lowish Iq

:devilr: