SIT-3

Since it must be faulty, I will take it off your hands for the sum of $25 (shipping included). I know, I know... you are thinking that it is a terribly generous offer and how could I possibly sacrifice myself that way?

Well, think nothing of it and just know that I will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner.

This offer is open to Zen Mod also for his collection of battle tested germanium transistors and Tokin SIT devices.

:D

Joking aside, what speakers did you end up using? And have you tried Wayne's front end to send a signal to your other amplifiers?

My highly modded DIs are about 6 ohms. Also, i was thinking t=of the MOABS and have them built to 8 ohm spec instead of 4, but I wanted to talk to Eric on that.

I have 8 ohm Moabs (maybe the first pair of the 8 ohm version). They sound incredible with everything i have thrown at them. Ive even driven them with a Transcendent Sound SOB 15W OTL tube amp to blistering levels.

Waiting on some test leads, until then, it did happen....

Attachments

• 20210509_175031.jpg
    20210509_175031.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 259
Okay, Waynes amp IS driving it to clip, but it seems likeI'm down on power, so I hooked up some 8ohm dummy and pumped in a 1k test tone and got the following.

30.4Vpp (just before clip)
15.2Vp

10.5Rms

So for amps do we use Vp in our wattage calculation? V(squared)/Rload? If so then I'm seeing 27W, but it doesn't sound like that, or maybe I've gotten used to the Badger. :)