SissySIT R.3

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no need for overengineering here - Sissy is using SIT with less than 50W of dissipation and it's proven that SIT is happy even if having crummy silpad, bloody worse than mica+goop

however, in case of higher (possible) level of dissipation per part ( plenty of amps made recently, Singing Bush and Babelfish XA252 SIT being just two of them),using better solution is advisable ....... what's already proven is Keratherm and , again, mica+goop

I think that every specific solution must be checked in proper way - screws must be tightened to 1.3Nm (figure advised for pucks, so pretty much logical to SIT case too), which - by my understanding - is also ensuring long time stability of torque, thinking of screw-split washer - and everything else being in game

so- pad, even if soft, must behave with 1.3Nm

Moi, Old Fart, either mica+goop - or Keratherm ; everything else is too much thinking

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wrote that somewhere - recently I bought two of them , did set one to 0.9Nm (M3) and second to 1.3Nm (M4) ....... and now I have even less to think

:clown:

though, ZM Cheapskate, with some patience involved in search - paid 45E for both, instead 80-90 each, which is regular price everywhere

Alixprs is good place, but postage to my neck of wood is outrageous , so no go for me ; bough both on local add site

Last edited:
Metalwork for my SissySIT is just about ready to receive PCBs...

QV7hnZj.jpg

M5tFT7O.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Metalwork for my SissySIT........

well, that is in the end going to be extremelly Fugly! :clown:

....... just about ready to receive PCBs...

while I sent abroad more than 2/3 of all recent amp kits, I'm just about ready to receive bunch of LT3092, so I can complete shipment, and invest some time in next batch of new amps

:Popworm:

well, that is in the end going to be extremelly Fugly! :clown:

while I sent abroad more than 2/3 of all recent amp kits, I'm just about ready to receive bunch of LT3092, so I can complete shipment, and invest some time in next batch of new amps

:Popworm:

Hey ZM, seeing this made me think to check, did you see my email about an order? If not drop me a message and I'll let you know what it was :)

Nautibuoy if those are XRK971 second generation speaker protection he recommended mounting them with plastic standoffs because he did nor isolate the mounting holes. First ones were ok. I have both and they work well. I just placed order for SitR3 watching with interest. Would like to power with SMPS, ZM what is the max voltage for good performance.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
SMPS sissy sitr3

This one manufacturer recommended by XRK
SMPS500-CLA – MicroAudio
They are pricey and I would prefer 300va X 2 , I don’t think a single 500va would be enough for 2 channels. I will probably use this amp to power high frequency of bi- amped setup so don’t need max power but should still build it for non bi-amp use for versatility. They said when time available they could try to build one up for 18V to test. That is why I asked ZM about voltage, they do make a 25 V one already.

Bill