SissySIT R.3

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Does it sound the same as LUdef?

No, it can't be the same

Nature is the same, THD Spectra having same general character, but LuDEF is having much lower level of THD

Due to fact of similar THD Spectra, concept being exactly the same (and schematic being the same except one tiny detail), there are much more similarities in sound than difference, so whatever is difference between SissySIT and LuDEF - it is on level of taste and preferences, not overall quality of sound

In short - SissySIT will give you somewhat broader smile, while LuDEF will give you little more to think of (details)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh yeah

though, ZM being Omnilover of albums, ya know - those black thingies spinning, so even today when I don't care from which source my music is coming, I'm still bottled to full albums

in context you gave - albums:
Guess Who -American Woman
MC5 - Kick out the Jams

these two albums will reveal all you need to know about an amp

:)

though, just two drops in entire Sea, Tnx Buddha to that (Universe, God, you name it)

That's what I learned and love about diy - you have to try it and see what you like.

We all have different systems, different rooms and different ears.

Mighty ZM is giving us a lot to try as does Nelson - Sissy3, LuDEF, Old Soul, M25 and from what I read more to come. I look forward to trying LuDEF, Old Soul and a couple of others to see where my ears in my room with my pre and my speakers lead me.
That's the experimentalist in me.

Right now my Sissy1 stands a little bit above the Singing Bush. Both are great amps
and both will stay with me. LuDEF has outrageous distortion numbers and the Old Soul with GE and 2SK1943 options looks like a unit that will keep me busy trying and listening.

My thanks to all of you in the diy community that provide great learning tools

Bob

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I overheard a smart fellow say this in another thread today:

"SIT gate current was exact reason why I resorted in Singing Bush to bias input JFet buffer, instead of biasing SIT directly

that way, SIT gate current becomes non-issue"

Now it's putting bad ideas in my head to turn SissySIT #2 into Babel M25 and build a new SissySIT R3 ... :nownow::nownow::nownow:

late to post
My current test lps

Blood Sweat and Tears
War Greatest hits
Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions
Here comes the Sun Nina Simone
Kind of Blue Nina Simone
Jimi Hendrix Blues
Otis Redding Sings the Blues
Nora Jones
Dark Side of the Moon
Muddy Waters Fathers and Sons