SissySIT R.3

Joined 2001
Paid Member
SS R.3 pair

Just a few hours in but first impression is :spin: Is it the DEF OS without degeneration? Triode curve SIT? Excellent buffer properly driving HQ Cinemag iron for passive voltage gain? Zero feedback? If this is a poor man's First Watt SIT-3, I guess I have no problem enjoying it while wearing my burlap feed sack... :p

Attachments

• SS R3 pair.jpg
    SS R3 pair.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 330
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
considering that Pa most likely already sold all his SIT-3, I can freely say that you're having something pretty much in same league

proper DEFiSIT is still slightly lusher and even more dirty pleasures oriented, but with price paid with lower power and drive capabilities

so , you're happy camper ....... as anyone having any of Revisions

and yes - blame Pa

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I read that the Sissysit R.3 has similarities with the FW SIT3 and that the Babelfish XA252 has similarities to the XA25. Is it possible that the Babelfish XA252 SIT has the character of both? That is, dynamic bass with spatial soundstage and sweet top ? (Apologies if this post is out of place).
(Just getting a little excited here!) :)
Thanks to all.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, that's hardly anything being outa place, when threads I opened are in question :rofl:

as explained in - indeed several - DEF/DEFiSIT/SIT 3 threads, SissySIT is made along same concept - as Poor Men DEFiSIT and , I can say - it got closer (in SQ) to origins than I expected

not exactly much of my achievement there, all Kudos to origin circuit and Wakoo brain behind

B. XA252 - again - deliberately made on same concept as Papa's XA25, core of it being Square Laq use of Mos Puck Biguns ; deliberately different FE , I wrote about long development (I had populated pcbs much closer to Papa's origin, but that didn't pushed all my buttons, even If I made some damn clever changes) and this final version is more me

in performance - I believe it's close to Papa's (straight MOS B. XA252 to PL XA25) .... and you can make straight, SIT and SET iteration by choice ....

all these amps sharing same THD Spectra shape/nature ......... differences being THD level in general .......

I believe these are fruitful and funny times for Greedy Boyz............ and - how I put that sentence - you can call me With Modesty Blazed ZM :rofl:

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just a few hours in but first impression is :spin: Is it the DEF OS without degeneration? Triode curve SIT? Excellent buffer properly driving HQ Cinemag iron for passive voltage gain? Zero feedback? If this is a poor man's First Watt SIT-3, I guess I have no problem enjoying it while wearing my burlap feed sack... :p

I find cotton flour sacks dampen standing waves to superior effect than burlap.:Popworm:

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I was hoping to find some quality 300VA+ toroids @ 18Vx18V (USA 120VAC), but seems Antek's are sold out.

Still -- I'd imagine the SS can get by just fine with a single 250VA donut, right? So, I'd have plenty of headroom going with two donuts @ 250VA?

I'm looking at 2 of the Avel Lindberg 250VA 18x18V.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks again, ZM!

How closely should the Tokins be matched?

Do you think there's an advantage to the THF-51S for audio usage compared to the 2SK182?

as close possible, hoping they will have closest transfer charactersistics; though, do not loose sleep about that - OS being follower, not so critical as with SITs used in arrangement having voltage gain

same for THF vs 2SK - in SInging Bush ( SIT having voltage gain) all measurements are showing that life is easier if using THF
in DEF OS ( SissySIT) , differences between THF and 2SK are lesser, and after some listening tests I made - exactly to determine possible differences - I didn't even bother to make measurements with 2SK

Still no sign of the Cinemags shipping from Don Audio and they're not respnding to my queries. :(

Their website is now showing that there's a lead time of about 2months for new orders.

in 2 months, while waiting:
- you can make killer speakers
- you can read ton of books
-you can reach few K of km with bicycle
-all of above, together

life is good, while you're waiting on something, you can always find some immediate things for fun

:clown: