DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

VFETless round 3 pre-order will open as soon as we have confirmation from Nelson on the designs, no ETA yet "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!". If you have VFETs and would like to receive emails about round 3 you can sign up to a special interest list for this now using the diyAudio Special Interest List widget. It will check you can receive emails from us, remove you from the suppression list if you're on it, and email you a confirmation email to confirm you're subscribed to the list. You are therefore as good as guaranteed you will get an email as can be possible :)

Hi, I subscribed to diyaudio Special Interest List. Here the message :

Be kept up to date about about VFET-less VFET kits, for members who have their own VFETs. We currently expect pre-orders to open August 2021.

May I suggest you to replace August 2021 by Automn 2021?

Regards,

Selling my Round 2 Sony Vfet #118

Unfortunately the amp as sweet sounding as it is, is just too low power for my MG 1.6QR.

I have subsequently changed my speakers to a set of Quad ESL 63 and the amp just will not do for these speakers either.

I joined the lottery never thinking I would win the amp, and low and behold I won #118.

I will put the amp for sale in the Commercial sector. Not trying to profit just want to recoup my cost and boxing expenses.

Rush

Unfortunately the amp as sweet sounding as it is, is just too low power for my MG 1.6QR.

I have subsequently changed my speakers to a set of Quad ESL 63 and the amp just will not do for these speakers either.

I joined the lottery never thinking I would win the amp, and low and behold I won #118.

I will put the amp for sale in the Commercial sector. Not trying to profit just want to recoup my cost and boxing expenses.

Rush

Of course, dont use the VFet amp to drive such demanding speakers! Better use high efficient fullrange speakers or a FAST setup.

For Quad ESL 57 I strongly recommend F5.

Franz

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'm sorry for the delay. Nelson is yet to finalize the designs, but when they are ready and we have the details that allow us to add the product to the store, we'll open pre-orders for the kit and chassis very shortly thereafter. We do already have the 36V Meanwell power supplies reserved for round 3, as they are potentially one of the longest lead time items (should you want one).

I’m sure you already are, but verify everything with a Mega (and make sure you have current schematics)…I personally built all the kits while working on the photos for Jason and co. Only missing parts I found were due to my own ignorance.. quite a feat to put them together, especially with no mistakes and Dreadnaught and Marauder oh my! I was confused a couple of times with piles of resistors and notes and schematics and readouts. Not saying something isn’t/can’t be amiss… But I didn’t find any issues…and I was looking for them.