While they last...

Not to put pressure but....

Attachments

• SIT.PNG
    SIT.PNG
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,404
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You can't actually get 2SK77 but THF-51S seems to be slightly better than 2SK182ES if you have a choice. If you don't have a choice then any of those 3 (THF-51S, 2SK182ES and 2SK180) are all great to have. The 2SK180 needs to be bracket mounted as it protrudes downward through the mounting surface like a T0-3 device while the other 2 can be mounted flat and secured through 2 tabs with the contacts sticking up.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is there a big difference amongst them?
THF-15 vs 2SK77 vs 2SK180 vs 2SK182ES, etc...

2SK77 being sole one made for audio

other ones made for elevator motor controllers, industrial ultrasound bath zingie, and probably even some military use

in practice - snatch any

though, THF51 (any suffix) is one I'll look first, lowest THD in constructions I tried so far

in DEF style output stage, differences between them is diminished

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Perhaps it's a matter of finding a good operating point for the 2SK182ES? Maybe higher voltage than with THF-51S? The 2SK182ES can handle higher power dissipation. Higher voltage, current, power output? A super duper high power single ended common source amplifier?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is there a big difference amongst them?
THF-15 vs 2SK77 vs 2SK180 vs 2SK182ES, etc...

Perhaps it's a matter of finding a good operating point for the 2SK182ES? Maybe higher voltage than with THF-51S? The 2SK182ES can handle higher power dissipation. Higher voltage, current, power output? A super duper high power single ended common source amplifier?

well, it certainly is a game of finding sweet spot, in boundaries placed by particular project

there is a one set of compromises if we stay at, say 65V rail, comparing to if we go up to 90V, speaking of something as Singing Bush

all roads are leading to Rome ..... but let's wait for Papa's road-sign

I know nothing, so can presume in same amount

Now I also "got spoiled" and purchased 4 of the THF-51S.....just 4 singles....
I can hope he selects randoms so there is a little chance that two are close.....but if he has tried to match all he has....I will probably get those that was not possible to match. We will see....

It was from Watana....... appox. $55 each + shipping.....
At least it is cheaper than a NOS pair of WE300 from 1955......