Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

While they last...
While they last...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2021, 03:09 PM   #1051
triode_al is offline triode_al  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I have a secret plan to use tight curve-traced quad SITs in a modified F6 amplifier.

Because in the F6 drain load = source load, and because the signal is applied between source and gate, the current swing is equal.
I think you need two tight matched pairs; the two pairs being roughly equal.

A little dissemetry top/bottom is not bad, gives a bit more H2, by having a volt or two difference in Vds, that probably works wonders.

The special F6 feedback is a requirement to get a lower output, but not mandatory because out of the box it might be in the order of 7-10 ohms, much lower than with the IRF240/250's real mosfets. So feedback can be much less.
Old 30th November 2021, 03:24 PM   #1052
TungstenAudio is offline TungstenAudio  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, that will be some project!
I do like my F6 with the FQH44N10 parts, slightly higher voltage rails (+/–26V). Have thought about trying dissimilar Mosfets on top, or bottom, such as IXFK120N20P in the larger TO-264 package. However, I'm still busy with other projects.
Something else to consider if using higher voltage rails: Replace the simple JFet buffer with a HV opamp such as the OPA551. I used a Diamond buffer in mine, but I have really been enjoying the Marauder cards in my lottery VFET amp.

Last edited by TungstenAudio; 30th November 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 30th November 2021, 10:39 PM   #1053
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triode_al View Post
I have a secret plan to use tight curve-traced quad SITs in a modified F6 amplifier.

Because in the F6 drain load = source load, and because the signal is applied between source and gate, the current swing is equal.
I think you need two tight matched pairs; the two pairs being roughly equal.

A little dissemetry top/bottom is not bad, gives a bit more H2, by having a volt or two difference in Vds, that probably works wonders.

The special F6 feedback is a requirement to get a lower output, but not mandatory because out of the box it might be in the order of 7-10 ohms, much lower than with the IRF240/250's real mosfets. So feedback can be much less.
Interesting! What kind of sit are you thinking about?
  Reply to this post

While they last...Hide this!Advertise here!