Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac Interview with NP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Michael

Care to share with us with a few more details of your 5W tube/mosfet amp.

It's too early to mention any specifics, and it's still in flux. It will likely be offered as a kit of some sort. But, I can say that it originated in the desire to offer a beginner-accessible piece incorporating a triode and delivering a serious taste of the SET experience without all the high voltages and expensive iron. The current prototype can deliver up to 10 watts depending on where you set the bias and has some adjustment for gain and damping factor. It's the sort of project I would have loved to build when I was twenty, dreaming about all those gorgeous amps in Sound Practices. :)

It's too early to mention any specifics, and it's still in flux. It will likely be offered as a kit of some sort. But, I can say that it originated in the desire to offer a beginner-accessible piece incorporating a triode and delivering a serious taste of the SET experience without all the high voltages and expensive iron. The current prototype can deliver up to 10 watts depending on where you set the bias and has some adjustment for gain and damping factor. It's the sort of project I would have loved to build when I was twenty, dreaming about all those gorgeous amps in Sound Practices. :)

Michael,

As usual, you conceive neat projects! I drive my F4 with either a tube amp or tube line stage.

Bravo! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.